Thread: White Fox?

White Fox?

SWMBO has just rung home to say she has sighted a white fox whilst out riding?

Has anyone else seen one? Is this likely to be a white fox or an albino?
    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not using it in a fruit salad.

Amateurs practice until they get it right. Professionals practice until they never get it wrong.

Hi there , unless escaped from the zoo this is more likely to be an Albino other than a white fox, white (arctic foxes) are genuinely not from this country although there are a number of zoo's wildlife parks that have them, before shooting it I would contact any local wildlife parks to see if they have had any recent escapes, unfortunately, they don't tend to advertise when they have escaped animals for some reason but it is worth while giving them a shout. I have also came across white collies that look like foxes, got a fright one night out on the lamp up north here near Garbeg when one of the shepherds dogs was out for a wander we had to take a second look and it was just a small collie bitch in the light.

Gatwick Zoo closed about ten years ago and that was the only one near here (5 miles plus) so I suspect albino too.
    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not using it in a fruit salad.

Amateurs practice until they get it right. Professionals practice until they never get it wrong.

I have seen one (dog fox) just outside Windsor, that just had white neck, back, sides and tail, the mask and legs were normal colour, overall in cracking condition the coat was a spot on winter coat, from a distance of 30 yards with swaros.

it was working the field for mice and perfectly normal in every way. Just the colour variation,
    it stood out like a sore thumb.

I remember mark gilchrist shooting 2 in Kent a couple of years back if I'm correct in 1 night. It was on Field sports channel or in the mags .
    Atb Steve

Quote Originally Posted by long_range_rob View Post
    Gatwick Zoo closed about ten years ago and that was the only one near here (5 miles plus) so I suspect albino too.
    Maybe from a family of an escaped one, be worth it for the pelt be a good trophy, still do the same damage to a bird population as a normal country fox.

ha ha unlucky colour of fox...

Here is the piece with mark and his white fox

I believe he recieved several death threats shortly afterwards from the animal activists.
    19.25 in but only watch if it isnt likely to ruin your sunday evening.

This is Casper. He is a resident along with a few others at, http://www.sttiggywinkles.org.uk/casualties.html
    All local members on this forum love the place.................

Shot a virtually white fox a couple of years ago. Wish I had taken some photos. Whilst obviously uncommon, they do exist.