Thread: Bergara barrel + Howa Action : Weight ??

Bergara barrel + Howa Action : Weight ??

Is there anybody who has an idea about the weight of a bergara barrel ? I consider having made a rifle on a Howa ( or Rem 700) action + PSE ultralight stock ( 700/800 grams ) + a Bergara barrel cut at 20". I would prefer the lightweight varmint contour. If this would be to heavy a sporter barrel would be my second choice. Total weight should be around 2.8 to 3.0 kg. Would this be possible?

Quote Originally Posted by Hales Smut View Post
    Is there anybody who has an idea about the weight of a bergara barrel ? I consider having made a rifle on a Howa ( or Rem 700) action + PSE ultralight stock ( 700/800 grams ) + a Bergara barrel cut at 20". I would prefer the lightweight varmint contour. If this would be to heavy a sporter barrel would be my second choice. Total weight should be around 2.8 to 3.0 kg. Would this be possible?
    Might be tough. That's what my T-3 Lite weighs iirc. ~Muir

The 30-06 I am selling on here is a Rem 700 long action with a Bergara heavy sporter barrel with a Bushnell 2.5-10 x 50 and an Atec mod it weighs 11lb see pictures.
    If you are not in a rush I am having a 6.5-284 built on a Weatherby Mk V action with a fluted lightweight Bergara Barrel I will let you know what that weighs when it comes.
    AT THE AGE OF 50 I DECIDED I WAS GOING TO GROW OLD F***ING DISGRACEFULLY

Hales, have one like that, 20" bergara etc.
    I'm just in Germany, IWA at the moment and can only weigh the setup on Tuesday.
    let you know.
    edi

Thanks Edi, no hurry. Take your time and enjoy the IWA.

Sikadog, I'll be glad to hear the weight, when the rifle is ready. Thanks.

Just weighed the rifle.
    With the standard floor plate she would be 3020g.
    This is with a Bergara 243 sporter barrel, non fluted, chopped at 20" and PSE which only weighs 580 grams. Standard would be ~120grams more.
    The Bergara barrel would be nice bit heavier than the factory sporter as the first 3-4" are larger diameter. Some rifle smiths re shape the barrel to match the original Howa sporter contour in the first 4" which allows standard Howa stocks to be fitted. We had to open up our stock somewhat to take the Bergara.
    edi