Thread: Yorkshire

Yorkshire

Working up near Pickering just now and I can say that without exception, everyone I have met and spoke with inc police, builders merchants,tradesmen, quarrymen shop staff and the locals are some of the most happy,helpful,courteous,considerate,amusing and straight talking people I have ever met. You tend to get a mix of 'types' everywhere though here this positive outlook seems to be the norm with everyone.
    Not only that but everyone seems to be involved at some level with shooting or stalking, which is great for conversation in the pub after work. The place has an abundance of game, and a propensity off wildlife.
    Never really worked this way unless it was in Leeds, Bradford or York itself so never experienced the country side in this neck of the woods.What a great place. I'll definitely be back, thanks for the hospitality.

Seeing as you are from Wales I can understand your enthusiasm.
    Handle every stressful situation like a dog. If you can't eat it, hump it or learn from it then piss on it and walk away.

"HOSPITALITY" - the art of making guests feel at home (when you wish they were).

Your welcome please return to gods country soon !
    There are no perfect men in this world ..... Only perfect intentions

Glad you like the area, I'm proud to call it home

Brooklands Holiday Apartments in North Yorkshire
    www.visitbrooklands.co.uk

Find us on Facebook:
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Brook...71190506238710

Both parents are originally from Yorkshire and I was fortunate enough to spend all of my teenage years living there in a small-ish town outside Leeds.
    The OP is spot on in what he says, although the effect is lesser in the big cities.
    I miss it sorely, and won't be back there to live any time soon, but at least I'm moving out of the suburban Birmingham sprawl next month!
    See my blog for - My kindly sponsored DSC1 course and chart my progress from deer virgin to stalking veteran
    AND my new puppy progress DIARY
    Blog

Quote Originally Posted by Eyefor View Post
    Hardly- while he lives in Monmouthshire (not Wales) he comes from from much further north. Nice to know that you can find good people everywhere in this country, but there again most people treat you as you treat them.
    It's the calibre of the shooter that counts not the calibre of the rifle.

Didn't say it was better Eyefor

Glad you like the area, I'm proud to call it home
    And so you should be, its a great area.

Nice to know that you can find good people everywhere in this country, but there again most people treat you as you treat them.
    Exactly Mike, and thats what I was trying to say, I should have said its almost as nice as Wales. .
    What is nice, is to find common ground and appreciation of interests with people wherever you go.
    I have found sometimes it is not so. Happy hunting to all

Clients say to me as we drive around yorkshire, "how come you know everyone" as i wave at most cars on the back roads.
    I say don't know any of them. We just find it polite to acknowledge others.
    The way my dad taught me.

Quote Originally Posted by www.yorkshireroestalking. View Post
    Clients say to me as we drive around yorkshire, "how come you know everyone" as i wave at most cars on the back roads.
    I say don't know any of them. We just find it polite to acknowledge others.
    The way my dad taught me.
    could not agree more only other place I have found it happen is on roads in Scotland in winter.

I think everyone hopefully finds their own back yard has something special about it and they know it better than anywhere else. But there are so many other places where the people are just as nice, the scenery is good and you can be made to feel quite at home. The exception I always find is big cities. You can dress like a circus clown and drive around in a Noddy car and people don't even give a second glance. Cities are nice to visit for a show or a rugby match or to visit the sights or a museum or shopping (stretching things there a bit) but a weekend is quite enough for me thanks.