Thread: Roe doe shot with 270 Win.

Roe doe shot with 270 Win.

This was shot by my step dad on 2nd February.

He is very very lucky when I take him out stalking. In 6 stalks he has shot 5 deer, one of them being a bronze medal roe buck.

The yearling doe was stood at approx 40 yards. It was shot from a standing position with a Sako 85 topped with a Zeiss Duralyt 3-12x50 illuminated.

Shot taken off home made quad sticks.

Please excuse the shaky video, it was windy as you can hear from the film. My step dad also accidentally knocked the tripod just as he took the shot

Seems like you got a bit of flinch there young man or you really don't trust your step dad

Well done. That looks like the hide where Henk shot his muntjac, am i right?

Quote Originally Posted by 6pointer View Post
    Seems like you got a bit of flinch there young man or you really don't trust your step dad
    Quentin Tarantino lent the tripod against my leg, no wonder he's got a flinch!
    "very very lucky" indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by Holland&Holland View Post
    Well done. That looks like the hide where Henk shot his muntjac, am i right?
    No Ruud, this is actually in the field where you shot that really nice malform roe buck and that little muntjac buck from the highseat.

His shooting ability is better than most with 10 times his experience. I can honestly say I have never seen him miss!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 270Buck View Post
    No Ruud, this is actually in the field where you shot that really nice malform roe buck and that little muntjac buck from the highseat.
    Ok, that buck is still one of my favorite thropies. Not only the shape of the antlers but also how you set it al up, we spotted it and i shot it. Good memories .

Quote Originally Posted by Holland&Holland View Post
    Ok, that buck is still one of my favorite thropies. Not only the shape of the antlers but also how you set it al up, we spotted it and i shot it. Good memories .
    I have been seeing some good bucks on that ground, my step dad shot this beast. It measured Bronze.

I have not seen any other malforms though. I would have loved to have your malform buck hanging on my wall, I must admit I was a tiny bit jealous . I am glad it can take pride of place on your wall though.

This is the photo of the one Ruud shot in the same field for anyone that was interested.

270 Buck I ment the camera man had flinch lol

270 Buck I ment the camera man had flinch lol
    OK, what I meant to say I trust his shooting abilities and would have no reason to flinch. LOL

Another video I put on youtube of my mate missing a roe buck after I had called it in however, was a massive flinch, he shot his unmoderated 243 right next to my f@$king ear!!! The video had to be edited due to my colourful language telling him so!!!