Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: carlton moor ranges ashbourne

carlton moor ranges ashbourne

any of you gents used this place need to find a local place and at 10quid an hour it sounds ideal its a bit of a trek but the facilities look good

Quote Originally Posted by tozzybum View Post
    any of you gents used this place need to find a local place and at 10quid an hour it sounds ideal its a bit of a trek but the facilities look good
    I have been a number of times. Great facility, well worth 10 per hour.

Spent last Sunday there with mike , great guy fantastic facility's and more than worth the 5 hour round trip for me.
    www.anglocustomrifle.co.uk
    Anglo deer management and training
    Yet another 7mm 08 user ..................... if Carlsberg made calibers.........................

I've been there loads of times. It's superb. Well worth the journey. Great set up. The owner, Mike, is a very nice chap and extremely knowledgable.

Cheers,

Bob.

+1 on all the above.

I honestly cannot see how Mike can do an hour slot 10.

I feel like Dick Turpin after every visit. I can describe it as an honest facility for FAC holders.
    "If you can't see it, you can't shoot it"

SD Regular
    Hmm!

Three went up there, from Leicestershire, over a year ago plus and booked both the range for ONE HOUR. Recounting that they had assumed when booking 10 per hour per firing point.

So one would, perhaps their own fault, assume 20. As they booked both ranges. And were there for exactly sixty minutes.

They were then told at the end of that ONE HOUR that the charge was 60 as there were three shooters!

Which is exactly what the Calton Moor owner's website says:

"The cost to use the range is 10 per hour per person".

I think they also felt they had also experienced that warm and fuzzy "Dick Turpin" feel.

The charges are on the website. There and plain to see. But nevertheless they weren't happy.

So if like the Leicestershire lads there's more than just one going be aware of that.

If you are on an open certificate and don't mind outdoors Garlands is also an option and no you get charged only for the time you book.
    Last edited by enfieldspares; 10-03-2014 at 10:09.

Quote Originally Posted by scotch_egg View Post
    I honestly cannot see how Mike can do an hour slot 10.

I feel like Dick Turpin after every visit. I can describe it as an honest facility for FAC holders.
    Don't give Mike any ideas on price increase 'lol'

Supurb facility well worth a visit. Mike is also an agent for Zeis & Hornady and very competitive with his prices.
    Supporting the BRITISH DEER SOCIETY

food for thought gents,i was getting imressed till enfield spares told me of his experiences ,to be fair garlands is a lot nearer to me .thanks for all the replies

Never visited but Mike was very helpful recently sending me an email for the Police say his range was covered for .375H&H
    I hope to pay him back by visiting the range in the next few weeks