Thread: One of my Vizslas enjoying life

One of my Vizslas enjoying life

the youngest of my 3 vizslas hunting for partridge
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSCF7969.jpg  

nice photo, I have one myself, whats the cut on his right hand back leg, short hair it shows up well.

Quote Originally Posted by scotlanddeerstalking View Post
    nice photo, I have one myself, whats the cut on his right hand back leg, short hair it shows up well.
    thanks both

that's a dreaded barb wire cut from a few months ago, she just finished her first full season working and that was her only injury thank goodness, on of my other commited near hari kari

the one shown has started tracking blood really well and has found 2 roe this last week , mind you none have run more than 40 yards

Is this one not a bitch?

Sorry did not see your last post.

Quote Originally Posted by markbjones View Post
    thanks both

that's a dreaded barb wire cut from a few months ago, she just finished her first full season working and that was her only injury thank goodness, on of my other commited near hari kari

the one shown has started tracking blood really well and has found 2 roe this last week , mind you none have run more than 40 yards
    Unfortunately with Vizslas it just seems to be par for course. I consider myself and my dogs to be lucky if we dont visit the vets during the shooting season, they are buggers for flying over barbed wire but what grace. Nice pup, our youngest one had her first few days out last season as well and there is nothing to beat that first real point from them.
    John.

Quote Originally Posted by vizslamad View Post
    Unfortunately with Vizslas it just seems to be par for course. I consider myself and my dogs to be lucky if we dont visit the vets during the shooting season, they are buggers for flying over barbed wire but what grace. Nice pup, our youngest one had her first few days out last season as well and there is nothing to beat that first real point from them.
    John.
    I work my dogs 3 times a week in season twice a week picking up and once a week walked up shooting where I will never til the day I die grow tired of watching them hunting pointing and retrieving, barbed wire is a pain but the older ones have learnt to leap clear of fences this young one hasn't come to grips with stopping yet !!