Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone know owt about tweed jackets?!

Anyone know owt about tweed jackets?!

It's the enemies birthday in a couple of weeks and she is starting to show a bit of interest in my shooting past times, especially the clothing side, obviously!!

She has hinted at maybe liking a tweed jacket by Joules but this may be a little out of my price range for now after buying my bins Anyone know what I should be looking for in a tweed jacket quality wise coz I've never tried any on let alone bought any as a gift!!?

Or should I take the safe option and get her the Seeland Estate AT wellies she's also hinted at!?

I'm beginning to wish she would stick to watching the soaps!!!

Cheers

Stratts
    Follow my stalking journey & SD sponsored DSC1 progress blog here

DSC1 forum sponsorship - Blogs - The Stalking Directory

Tweed jackets - do not wear without a vest, or your nipples will pay the price.

I beg you not to ask how I know.
    "Nonsense! They couldn't hit an elephant at this dista.....................".

Buy her the wellies. Safer. Cheap tweed is not nice. My wife likes the Joules stuff. They regularly have sales.

Section 161 of the Highways Act 1980 (England & Wales) makes it an offence to discharge a firearm within 50 ft of the centre of a highway with vehicular rights without lawful authority or excuse, if as a result a user of the highway is injured, interrupted or endangered.

The joules tweed is very nice and one of my other halves favorite jackets, well made good weight and looks smart, came up a size smaller than she would have expected (no surprises there then......) in all seriousness though they are sized on the small end with coats so expect to do the whole 'it's not you it's the jacket routine'.....
    Opinions are like arseholes....... we all have them, and most of them stink

www.bobparratt.co.uk/
    Bob parrott does the whole shooting match

From experience , buy the one she wants, nothing else will do, you should have bought cheaper bin

keep an eye on Newmarket race course they often have name tag sales , I went to a crew one the other day and i'm sure my missus went to a jules one a while ago ? although to be honest she could have been going to the moon for all the attention I pay !

oh and join jules online for their offers
    Right where's those stones , I'll start !

Wellies. No question.

Cheers guys I've got her mate on the case re the jacket as they are hooking up later while I'm out stalking. Trouble is, like most things, the Joules jacket does look really nice when compared to everything else.

The wellies are looking favourite though I like a safe bet.

Dare me to say she can have a Joules for Xmas if she sheds a few pounds coz they come up small!!!
    Follow my stalking journey & SD sponsored DSC1 progress blog here

DSC1 forum sponsorship - Blogs - The Stalking Directory

Quote Originally Posted by stratts View Post
    Cheers guys I've got her mate on the case re the jacket as they are hooking up later while I'm out stalking. Trouble is, like most things, the Joules jacket does look really nice when compared to everything else.

The wellies are looking favourite though I like a safe bet.

Dare me to say she can have a Joules for Xmas if she sheds a few pounds coz they come up small!!!
    I double dare you !
    Right where's those stones , I'll start !