Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Would you

Would you

At the moment I am selling a rifle on here and have been asked by a member on here to RFD it to his RFD without him paying for it first. he wants to check it out and if he is happy with it he will then pay for it.
    If he is not happy with it he says he will pay for the RFD both ways.
    How many of you would send the rifle without being paid first.
    I have refused
    AT THE AGE OF 50 I DECIDED I WAS GOING TO GROW OLD F***ING DISGRACEFULLY

I might just send with a meaty deposit, that covers the RFD both ways and £50 for your trouble. BUT I would check with the receiving RFD that he won't let it go without you telling him to. What a hassle. Find another buyer probably!

Unless I personally knew them to be trustworthy I'd do the same as you and refuse.

I suppose it depends. If it was a well known member or someone I'd had past dealings with, or knew people who had then yes. Otherwise, probably not. It's not just the financial risk, but a fair bit of time and effort for you if he decides he doesn't fancy it.
    See my blog for - My kindly sponsored DSC1 course and chart my progress from deer virgin to stalking veteran
    AND my new puppy progress DIARY
    Blog

RFD to RFD there shouldn't be a problem, if you are worried get a deposit first

I think it would totally depend on what sort of vibe I had from the person.

If I knew them, or had talked to them on the phone and felt they were genuine and I had a rapport with them, I'd do it.

I've done it with fishing gear several times (not quite the same, but similar principal), and it's worked well. It often leads to other favours in return.

Quote Originally Posted by Essexsussex View Post
    I might just send with a meaty deposit, that covers the RFD both ways and £50 for your trouble. BUT I would check with the receiving RFD that he won't let it go without you telling him to. What a hassle. Find another buyer probably!
    What do RFDs think about the RFD transfer system? Is it enough cash to cover their admin? I'm guessing it is, but is it a similar sum to the profit on a gun? (Unlikely if second hand, I know) The two times I've RFD received guns, I've found it a bit awkward that I haven't bought the gun from my local RFD in the first place. But then neither time had they had a gun for £200! Just wondering how interested the receiving RFD would be on whether you get paid or not.

Will

I can understand a prospective buyer wanting to see, touch & feel the prospective purchase....BUT possibility for potential damage however light is there also the liklihood of being bu??ered about exists......I wouldn't do it. ATB
    Blaser K95 Luxus Kipplaufbüchse .25-06Rem. Zeiss 8x56, 110gn Nosler Accubond = Game Over!

Bought a few guns by rfd. Only question would be what happens if the gun gets damaged in transit or something? Think I'd want a deposit at least

Quote Originally Posted by deeangeo View Post
    I can understand a prospective buyer wanting to see, touch & feel the prospective purchase....BUT possibility for potential damage however light is there also the liklihood of being bu??ered about exists......I wouldn't do it. ATB
    Beat me to it!