Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Night master lamp?

Night master lamp?

What's the verdict on the above lamps? I'm keen to do a bit of lamping over summer hopefully and the clulite thing I've got at the moment is scuppered.

am I better off with a lightforce or the night master? Ideally I would want something I could use from the car and potentially put on the rifle.

and am I better with a filter? Most people use red?

Im tempted by the night master but can't really scan the fields easily if it's on the rifle?!

cheers!

A Nightmaster 800 with red led fitted on your scope and a handheld lamp plugged into your car. The NM800 is excellent.

Quote Originally Posted by daw View Post
    A Nightmaster 800 with red led fitted on your scope and a handheld lamp plugged into your car. The NM800 is excellent.
    Agreed.

So if you need two and I don't do much lamping at present, would you suggest I just get a lightforce?

thanks for the replies!

Quote Originally Posted by wildfowler.250 View Post
    So if you need two and I don't do much lamping at present, would you suggest I just get a lightforce?
    The problem with the NM800 is that the beam is quite narrow, particularly compared to a Blitz.

If you are lamping on your own then the NM is great though, particularly if you are lamping on foot.

SD Regular
    I would go with the Nightmaster, especially if lamping on your own. I'd perhaps recommend the XSearcher version over the 800, which deals with the beam width issue and gives a bit more punch when the beam is widened. I reckon on at least 50yds more shootable distance with the XSearcher with Red LED over the LF170 with red filter.
    Nooooooooooooobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!! Our main weapon is.........

theres a lad doing t20s short torch same as nm 800 any colour leds ,on ukvarminting and its focusable so you can have a wide beam or tight spot if your on your own its up to you , LUDICROUSLUMENS google it, a bit cheaper cheers doug,
    DONT START

Cheers for the feedback guys! out of curiosity.. If I bought the nightmaster and went out with a friend lamping... Could you potentially remove the lamp and use it hand held like a lightforce? and then i could just attach it to my scope when im going solo? or is it too narrow a beam for someone else to hold it whilst you shoot?

they are just like a torch so you will still see eye shine even if your mates holding it believe me after carrying lightforce and two batteries bag and bunnies you will be very grateful they now make torches my t20 weighs half a pound two burglar battsand lightforce weigh 6/7 pound
    Last edited by AN DU RU FOX; 12-03-2014 at 19:28.
    DONT START

Quote Originally Posted by wildfowler.250 View Post
    If I bought the nightmaster and went out with a friend lamping... Could you potentially remove the lamp and use it hand held like a lightforce? and then i could just attach it to my scope when im going solo? or is it too narrow a beam for someone else to hold it whilst you shoot?
    Depending on the mount it might be a bit fiddly and time consuming to attach to the scope when you spot a fox.

If someone is with you they should be able to hold it steady enough for you to shoot, or alternatively they could carry a stick I guess.

I only find the narrowness of the beam an issue in searching for quarry.

The site that AN DU RU FOX suggested looks to be worth reading through and it would be interesting to see some reviews comparing their torches to the NM.