Night master lamp?

wildfowler.250

What's the verdict on the above lamps? I'm keen to do a bit of lamping over summer hopefully and the clulite thing I've got at the moment is scuppered.

am I better off with a lightforce or the night master? Ideally I would want something I could use from the car and potentially put on the rifle.

and am I better with a filter? Most people use red?

Im tempted by the night master but can't really scan the fields easily if it's on the rifle?!

cheers!

So if you need two and I don't do much lamping at present, would you suggest I just get a lightforce?

thanks for the replies!

So if you need two and I don't do much lamping at present, would you suggest I just get a lightforce?

The problem with the NM800 is that the beam is quite narrow, particularly compared to a Blitz.

If you are lamping on your own then the NM is great though, particularly if you are lamping on foot.

I would go with the Nightmaster, especially if lamping on your own. I'd perhaps recommend the XSearcher version over the 800, which deals with the beam width issue and gives a bit more punch when the beam is widened. I reckon on at least 50yds more shootable distance with the XSearcher with Red LED over the LF170 with red filter.

theres a lad doing t20s short torch same as nm 800 any colour leds ,on ukvarminting and its focusable so you can have a wide beam or tight spot if your on your own its up to you , LUDICROUSLUMENS google it, a bit cheaper cheers doug,

Cheers for the feedback guys! out of curiosity.. If I bought the nightmaster and went out with a friend lamping... Could you potentially remove the lamp and use it hand held like a lightforce? and then i could just attach it to my scope when im going solo? or is it too narrow a beam for someone else to hold it whilst you shoot?

they are just like a torch so you will still see eye shine even if your mates holding it believe me after carrying lightforce and two batteries bag and bunnies you will be very grateful they now make torches my t20 weighs half a pound two burglar battsand lightforce weigh 6/7 pound

Last edited:
If I bought the nightmaster and went out with a friend lamping... Could you potentially remove the lamp and use it hand held like a lightforce? and then i could just attach it to my scope when im going solo? or is it too narrow a beam for someone else to hold it whilst you shoot?

Depending on the mount it might be a bit fiddly and time consuming to attach to the scope when you spot a fox.

If someone is with you they should be able to hold it steady enough for you to shoot, or alternatively they could carry a stick I guess.

I only find the narrowness of the beam an issue in searching for quarry.

The site that AN DU RU FOX suggested looks to be worth reading through and it would be interesting to see some reviews comparing their torches to the NM.

as said get 1 or 2 t-20s,1 on the gun,1 for spotting,go on the nightvision forum,illumination,look for sikastag or e-mail ir.light.builds@gmail.com the lads name is ian sirrel,he runs it as a businness,red t-20s are £41 inc postage i think and if you want you can also add a doubler ,seperate thread on the nv forum

Before thermal I used nothing else but NM800 in red. They are superb but have the larger searcher heads on. I adapted mine with a push press switch on side made from a pressure swith cut off also a harness from airsoft goes over shoulder and lamp hangs when not in use this is all you want for scanning, I also shot with a nightmaster red with side switch and then made it dimmable. As said in previous post the T20 is also good and the guy named is really good.
But for me got to be Red.

another vote for ian sirral and his T20's

you can get 2 of em cheaper than one NM800

you will need to buy batteries and a charger tho so works out .
batterys will be 18650 type..... do NOT BUY CHEAPOS from abroad...!!! they are not what Mill amp hour they say and are often broken up laptop batterys

go on evil bay and a guy / seller in Glasgow by name of "torchyboy" sells quality 18650 batterys and they are the amp hour he states and safe! wont blow up or melt....battery charger from him "nitecore intellicharger" is the biz too

these options compared to a NM800 work out cheaper and you can have ddifferent coloured pills ( leds ) too!!!

paul

Wildfowler, I'm not sure about the diameter of the body of a nightmaster but I use a crelant hand held torch in conjunction with a scope mounted fitting which enables me to snap the light onto the scope in literally two seconds, the scope end of the fitting clamps onto the scope tube but the other end is snap in which makes fitting the light incredibly easy and quick. I've modified the bracket by making it slightly longer but that may not be neccessary depending on what lamp/scope etc

View attachment 39115View attachment 39116

theres a lad doing t20s short torch same as nm 800 any colour leds ,on ukvarminting and its focusable so you can have a wide beam or tight spot if your on your own its up to you , LUDICROUSLUMENS google it, a bit cheaper cheers doug,

The T20 is excellent value for the money but I don't think the beam will focus as much as the nm800 and therefore the T20 in my opinion doesn't have the throw of the nm.

The T20 is excellent value for the money but I don't think the beam will focus as much as the nm800 and therefore the T20 in my opinion doesn't have the throw of the nm.

Unless you turn it into a 'SunnRanger' by changing the front of the head to a Yukon Ranger lens. Easily done.... remove the old lens, cut/file/turn the head back to the internal threads... screw on the Ranger lens unit.

Gives you a focus a quarter the size of a standard NM800... and even with a single battery it's brighter than the NM as the beam is more concentrated and the single drivers are usually 1040mAh as opposed to (I think) the 2 battery 1000mAH in the NM.

Spot with a NM, shoot with a SunnRanger :)

More details and pics on the NV forum if you do a search on "sunnranger".
Cheers

Fizz
:cool:

Back