Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Halal slaughter

Halal slaughter

What's your take on the above? I can't see how it is justified when it is so much better for welfare to use a bolt gun first?

The following is probably a collection of the extreme cases but to be honest I only watched about half of it!

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=545_1345800806

This subject crops up from time to time.... usually ends up with the thread deleted and people getting banned for racist comments.
    "It's halfway down the hill, directly below that tree next to a rock that looks like a bell-end"

Good deals with ~ deako ~ sakowsm ~ dryan ~ 2734neil ~ mo ~ riggers ~ mmbeatle ~ seanct ~ an du ru fox

If has been done cleanly and efficiently I have no issue with it.

Having seen the whole cycle from field to plate, there is more potential for stressing the beast during the loading onto lorries, driving for miles and then handling the animal through the lairage and up the kill shute.

There are bigger crimes in the world to get excited about. This is just more interfering bull**** from special interest groups.
    Brian.

Just because you are paranoid, doesn't mean they aren't out to get you......

THE R S P C A keeps well away from this one ?

Quote Originally Posted by Claret_Dabbler View Post
    If has been done cleanly and efficiently I have no issue with it.

Having seen the whole cycle from field to plate, there is more potential for stressing the beast during the loading onto lorries, driving for miles and then handling the animal through the lairage and up the kill shute.

There are bigger crimes in the world to get excited about. This is just more interfering bull**** from special interest groups.
    Did you watch the video? It takes a lot longer to bleed a cow out than say a sheep. Can't seriously say that transit is potentially more stressful than when you are bleeding out,(even if it is for a shorter duration)?

Although my main problem with it is that theres no need for it when you can just captive bolt them..

Not saying your opinion is wrong btw!

This was covered on Country file the other night also, well with sheep anyway.

I can't see why this is allowed to happen.
    Last edited by Grand Slam; 12-03-2014 at 21:39. Reason: Just watched video

Quote Originally Posted by Adam_Muirhead View Post
    This was covered on Country file the other night also, well with sheep anyway.
    What was the verdict in the end? didn't see it..

i personally dont like it , but hay ho each to there own

Quote Originally Posted by wildfowler.250 View Post
    Did you watch the video?.....w!
    No, but I have seen it up close enough to get splashed in blood.

You are correct, it is not pleasant, and I would prefer to see the beast stunned. However, I am not going to jump up and down every time some crypto communist animal rights nut says I should.

Nothing in the process of converting live animals into dead meat should be taken lightly, weather that is slaughter in the abattoir, deer stalking or trout fishing.
    Brian.

Just because you are paranoid, doesn't mean they aren't out to get you......