Thread: Most muntjac seen at once

Most muntjac seen at once

How many muntjac have you guys seen at once?

I topped my last maize plot today and moved a highseat overlooking the 3acres whilst I was there. It backs onto a 25acre wood with an acre or two or laurels immediately adjacent.
    I sat there from 17:00-18:45 and the most I could see at once, all within 120y was 9!! But I'm pretty sure there were 11 different animals there.
    One doe freshly in season had 5 bucks following her!

Quote Originally Posted by Crosshair243 View Post
    How many muntjac have you guys seen at once?

I topped my last maize plot today and moved a highseat overlooking the 3acres whilst I was there. It backs onto a 25acre wood with an acre or two or laurels immediately adjacent.
    I sat there from 17:00-18:45 and the most I could see at once, all within 120y was 9!! But I'm pretty sure there were 11 different animals there.
    One doe freshly in season had 5 bucks following her!
    They must have 'known' there was some fresh food available last night- as when I drove past this evening there was only 3 muntjac and two roe there.

4 is the most I have seen all at once, that number was promptly reduced to two after 2 bangs from my 270

Quote Originally Posted by 270Buck View Post
    4 is the most I have seen all at once, that number was promptly reduced to two after 2 bangs from my 270
    Lol! I'm very much anti-stalking as in I think waiting is nearly always better. My boss had stalked this wood last week and not even seen one. I took great delight in texting him the score (even though I couldn't shoot any ) of Highseat 11 - Stalking 00

Must be murder trying to get the birds to the flushing point on that drive?

Quote Originally Posted by Offroad Gary View Post
    Must be murder trying to get the birds to the flushing point on that drive?
    That one's not too bad as they hole-up in the laurels then break back between the beaters although sometimes it's like a cartoon as I walk down a small ride between some brambles and some pampas grass- dog, muntjac, pheasant, dog, pheasant, muntjac, dog, muntjac, pheasant etc
    Our big drive is the best/worst for it as we have several hundred pheasants bottled up in a small strip of brambles. To be fair, 9 times out of 10, the muntjac are actually a help as they get a couple of early flushes to go that would otherwise stay to go together in one big flush.
    I'd say Roe are far worse.

Ive seen up to 30 at one time....to be fair it was in a larder