Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Very Generous SD Members!!!!! Deserve a mention....

Very Generous SD Members!!!!! Deserve a mention....

So good to find that despite some horrendous stories of rip off merchants in the stalking world there are some true gents out there!

Following my thread asking for some powder for a new (to me) 300wsm I have just bought, as the local outlets are out, I've just received two PM's, one from gelert, offering me a tub of unopened H4831sc for free, as a thanks for some advice I offered on here!!!! I have obviously responded saying there is no way I am taking it without payment and I'll take it from him when he's up at the fair.

The other offer is for the same powder from 270Buck, who's in England but visits Dumfries and has offered to drive over to meet me at Moffat to save me the whole journey over!

Guys, you deserve the public note of thanks.......

On another note, the person I bought the 300wsm from is also a member on the SD, Harv.

He advertised (not on here) a Remmy stainless action bedded in a McMillan stock, fitted with a Jewell trigger and a brand new a-tec mod. The price of the rifle was 850, way too good a deal to miss and not one I would even contemplate haggling over.

Then he says he will bring some reloading stuff for it and throw it in. I met him at Dobbies in Newcastle the other night and he hands me a bag containing, a box of A-max 155 grn, a box of 110grn Speer HP, a box of 165grn Sierra Gameking HP, a box of 110grn A-Max, a set of dies, 50 new brass and 50 once fired brass!!!!

Then he thanks me for making it such a pleasant transaction!

Needless to say I have bought a Euro lottery ticket for tomorrow evening.

Guys, a massive thanks....

For the record the lighter bullets are probably a bit too light for my purposes in a 300wsm, so in the spirit of this thread if they are any use to a member on here they are welcome to them for free, if they can be picked up at the Deerstalking Fair. It's a full box of 110grn HP, and probably 60ish 110grn V-Max.

Please only take if genuinely of use.....
    Last edited by jamross65; 13-03-2014 at 19:32.

good to hear of good people makes a change from hearing about the dregs that rip people off.

well done to all concerned, doug,
    DONT START

Quote Originally Posted by jamross65 View Post
    So good to find that despite some horrendous stories of rip off merchants in the stalking world there are some true gents out there!

Following my thread asking for some powder for a new (to me) 300wsm I have just bought, as the local outlets are out, I've just received two PM's, one from gelert, offering me a tub of unopened H4831sc for free, as a thanks for some advice I offered on here!!!! I have obviously responded saying there is no way I am taking it without payment and I'll take it from him when he's up at the fair.

The other offer is for the same powder from 270Buck, who's in England but visits Dumfries and has offered to drive over to meet me at Moffat to save me the whole journey over!

Guys, you deserve the public note of thanks.......

On another note, the person I bought the 300wsm from is also a member on the SD, Harv.

He advertised (not on here) a Remmy stainless action bedded in a McMillan stock, fitted with a Jewell trigger and a brand new a-tec mod. The price of the rifle was 850, way too good a deal to miss and not one I would even contemplate haggling over.

Then he says he will bring some reloading stuff for it and throw it in. I met him at Dobbies in Newcastle the other night and he hands me a bag containing, a box of A-max 155 grn, a box of 110grn Speer HP, a box of 165grn Sierra Gameking HP, a box of 110grn A-Max, a set of dies, 50 new brass and 50 once fired brass!!!!

Then he thanks me for making it such a pleasant transaction!

Needless to say I have bought a Euro lottery ticket for tomorrow evening.

Guys, a massive thanks....

For the record the lighter bullets are probably a bit too light for my purposes in a 300wsm, so in the spirit of this thread if they are any use to a member on here they are welcome to them for free, if they can be picked up at the Deerstalking Fair. It's a full box of 110grn HP, and probably 60ish 110grn V-Max.

Please only take if genuinely of use.....
    "A friend in need, is a friend indeed"

You are more than welcome mate.

I will let you know when I am up next.

Cheers

Well done lads just goes to show we have some great folks here!
    There are no perfect men in this world ..... Only perfect intentions

There are some great lads on here, Arwell (gelert) sorted me out with some brass last year which was greatly appreciated.

Leon

and people say that 'community' is something you lose because of the internet. This is similar to some other forums I'm on where good people seem to get connected together. Great to hear of it within this community, it ties in with some others I'm part of. Well done all involved.

I agree, some cracking genuine lads on here. The kind and generous offers I received in response
    to my 'charity stalk' was something else. . . Don't get me wrong, there are a handful of prize
    knobs just the same, but thankfully they are well out numbered by the good guys.

And there are a few that have helped me out big time..............Apache. tackb and foxinmad.
    Plus offers of help from Bewsher,and many more.
    As a rule the good far out way the bad apples

You get what you deserve!!
    And its mainly, or all about a great working network on SD!
    I would be pleased to help anybody on here, whatever is needed....

ATB

Wildboar1973
    People's hobbies are more their measure's than are their jobs.