Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: cheap ammo

cheap ammo

Well this morning i phoned local farmer to me and asked could i zero my rifle,now the rifle 223 hunter 1in8 and some cheap ammo 9quid for twenty 55grn privvi s/p is all new to me ,as in never fired it i dont have scope for it yet, so i thought i know i have a sweet seventeen bsa on the shelf i will put that on it and see what happens ,just to put my mind at rest if it would shoot half decent group at 100yds ,well i stuck steel sheet out with some 1 1/2 circles on it first two shots just missing the sheet after some adjustments two holes two inches high 2 1/2 inches right next six shots all 1/2 inch over near touching ! all within 1 1/4 inch to say im chuffed is an under statement i didnt expect to get any where at all with the crap scope on and cheapest ammo in the shop, cant wait now to put proper scope on it, atb doug,
    DONT START

hi AN DU RU FOX I shoot privvi partisan to, have done for years 243 nice grouping and consistently good. do the job and at 14 per box cont grumble.

Quote Originally Posted by scotlanddeerstalking View Post
    hi AN DU RU FOX I shoot privvi partisan to, have done for years 243 nice grouping and consistently good. do the job and at 14 per box cont grumble.
    Hi iam new to c/f so ammos a blur but 9quid for six holes touching ?, everything else was around 20 quid+ and a crap scope, i couldnt believe it,atb doug
    DONT START

Quote Originally Posted by scotlanddeerstalking View Post
    Where are you buying them from please mate?

SORRY a bit too far too walk from midlothian i think ,but there from bolton nr me as i say i know nowt on c/f prices but as i was only trying to get a rough zero and some idea on bullet weight i asked and he said try these 55grn privvi soft points , and as i say for nine quid if i can get six shots together out of the first eight shots with that ammo ,that rifle, and a cheap bsa spare scope it will do for me ,and not so good for foxy,atb doug,
    DONT START

been using it in 65x55 foe a while now shot about 50 roe no problems.

nice one , coming across there too do battle with a bunnie problem on sat, atb doug,
    DONT START

Quote Originally Posted by AN DU RU FOX View Post
    SORRY a bit too far too walk from midlothian i think ,but there from bolton nr me as i say i know nowt on c/f prices but as i was only trying to get a rough zero and some idea on bullet weight i asked and he said try these 55grn privvi soft points , and as i say for nine quid if i can get six shots together out of the first eight shots with that ammo ,that rifle, and a cheap bsa spare scope it will do for me ,and not so good for foxy,atb doug,
    Way too far from me Doug

Just wondering where the chap in Callander was buying them

Quote Originally Posted by perdix View Post
    Way too far from me Doug

Just wondering where the chap in Callander was buying them
    AHH ahh
    DONT START

Quote Originally Posted by AN DU RU FOX View Post
    Hi iam new to c/f so ammos a blur but 9quid for six holes touching ?, everything else was around 20 quid+ and a crap scope, i couldnt believe it,atb doug
    Bushwear inn stirling stock privi mate.