Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Possible serious implications

Possible serious implications

Right chaps, I'm throwing this out into the WWW. Because I see this as a very scary scenario which could have far reaching Concequances in my view but what do you think of the scenario? By the way there's more to the story but I want people's views.

Scenario:

A guy was out with his son and son's friends hide shooting pigeons, all above board I should add.
    Anyway the sons friend picked up the gun for a shot but as he did it slipped from his grasp and went off injuring his arm, hospital visit, stitches required not fatal thankfully. Police informed, they attended the hospital clearly an accident...what's the next step?

Buy a lottery ticket? Lucky boys to get off with a minor injury.

accidents do happen in reality though.

regards,
    Gixer

why did he pick up then gun?
    Was he competent, under instruction, under supervision?

Quote Originally Posted by gixer1 View Post
    Buy a lottery ticket? Lucky boys to get off with a minor injury.

accidents do happen in reality though.

regards,
    Gixer
    Yep I can see where you're going with that...yes accidents happen. But the other part of the story could indeed spell doom for a fair few of us depending on how you read it.

I am interested in people's views on this as when I heard what's gone on I couldn't believe what I was hearing!

Quote Originally Posted by scubadog View Post
    why did he pick up then gun?
    Was he competent, under instruction, under supervision?
    As I said all above board.

Quote Originally Posted by Jager SA View Post
    Police informed, they attended the hospital clearly an accident...what's the next step?
    As long as everyone was suitably licensed and permissions in place...absolutely nothing. Usually not even an FEO follow up.
    .243 Weatherby Vanguard Synth /.223 BRNO CZ527 Synthetic
    .22LR CZ 455 Synth / 12G Stoeger 2000 / 12G U/O Bettinsoli
    12G Zoli SBS / .410 unknown Italian

Quote Originally Posted by Jager SA View Post
    As I said all above board.
    I didn't suggest it was.
    Just trying to get a handle on the situation as the detail is missing.

The point I was making is that the response is different depending on the situation.

If he was under instruction arguably it is the person giving the instruction fault.
    If the person had no experience and was not instructed to touch the gun the fault lies with them.
    If the person injured was experienced then again the fault lies with them.

Incompetence and lack of supervision somewhere.
    If the safety catch had been applied the gun could not have gone off.

HWH.

Quote Originally Posted by widu13 View Post
    As long as everyone was suitably licensed and permissions in place...absolutely nothing. Usually not even an FEO follow up.
    Yep everything in place all good...absolutely nothing was my thought...totally wrong!!!

By the sound of it I'd just say he was unlucky as you say he slipped .... Could happen to any of us and could've been a lot worse just thankful nobody was seriously hurt .. If the feo is a decent sort he should see it the same way , despite what we like to think sometimes none of us are perfect
    There are no perfect men in this world ..... Only perfect intentions