Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Self Restraint.

Self Restraint.

One of the better and larger sports stores in the City is preparing to move to a new and larger building a few miles away. In preparation for the move, they are bringing "old stock" out for sale to reduce the amount of inventory they need to move.

The very first thing that caught my eye was a Tikka T-3 "Hunter" in 30-06 with the most beautiful fiddle-back grained walnut stock (from stem to stern) I have seen on a factory rifle in many years: $670 US. I put it back up on the rack and ran off to the reloading department where I knew there were no deals to be had.

Much to my surprise, they had pulled a bunch of Hornady bullets and put them out: 30 cal, 150 grain Interlocks @ $23/100, 168 grain A-MAX Match for $27/100, 168 grain BTHP Match for $25/100. .284" 139 grain Interlocks for $23/100 for plain base and $24/100 for boat tails.... the list goes on.

I knew I was in serious trouble. After much careful deliberation, I grabbed two boxes of the 7mm x 139 grain flat base Interlocks and ran away from the demon in me that wanted to grab that 30-06 and about $300 worth of assorted bullets.

Jesus. That was a close call.~Muir

The one thing that would tempt me at the moment would be cut price Hornady 174grn RNSP .312 bullets. I like them a lot
    You can't say muntjac without saying, Mmmmmm.

Have you managed to keep to your New Year resolution up until now Muir?

you should have grabbed the rifle, regards doug,
    DONT START

Quote Originally Posted by teabag_46 View Post
    Have you managed to keep to your New Year resolution up until now Muir?
    Nooooo!! That all caved in last October when my buddy and I found the T-3's we were looking for and mutually agreed to end the wager. He bought a 30-06 and I bought the 7-08. No. I'm free to drain my retirement fund if I feel like it....~Muir

Doug,
    You and that Demon must be related....
    And I need to make my way back to the city tomorrow. Makes me half wish the floods take out the bridges...~Muir

Quote Originally Posted by Harry mac View Post
    The one thing that would tempt me at the moment would be cut price Hornady 174grn RNSP .312 bullets. I like them a lot
    Me too, and I haven't seem any in a year.~Muir

You know you need it muir, needs must

Quote Originally Posted by swarovski View Post
    You know you need it muir, needs must

Pop back in the morning, you know you want to!