Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Best O/U Shotgun for 5k

Best O/U Shotgun for 5k

OK, apologies if this has been covered before....

I've just sold my Beretta 687 Silver Pigeon 5 and with a bit of extra savings I have around 5k to spend on a shotgun. I want an over and under, 12g for game and a few occasional clays. Not bothered about new or used, but want the best I can get that is tidy and will last a number of years. Prefer 29 or 30" barrels.

First thoughts are a good second hand Beretta 687EELL, but there must be other options? What handles the best? What is best for being able to get repaired if necessary, etc, etc.

Or do I need to keep saving!?!

Cheers,
    LT

Frankly, I'd spend 3 1/2k on a Browning B2G and the rest on 2 really good driven days.

I'd go as mentioned B 25 / B 2G or a nice perazzi SC 3
    Regards pete

I have a very nice Browning B25 (B12) for sale. 28" barrels, game rib. Proper game gun. Very sensible price.

HME
    Come and visit us for a Blaser or Mauser fitting, get the right rifle for your needs.

Depends what you mean by 'Best' really? A grade 1 687 is the same gun as your grade 5 you just sold. When you get to that price range, you are quite simply paying for cosmetics rather than functionality. The 'Best' shotgun will always be the one that fits you properly! A friend of mine went out to the Perazzi factory and actually had the gun made to fit him. Maybe that is your answer?
    MS

My money is on Red-Dot having something worth looking at. Top member and keen to make space in the cabinet.

K

Quote Originally Posted by Monkey Spanker View Post
    Depends what you mean by 'Best' really? A grade 1 687 is the same gun as your grade 5 you just sold. When you get to that price range, you are quite simply paying for cosmetics rather than functionality. The 'Best' shotgun will always be the one that fits you properly! A friend of mine went out to the Perazzi factory and actually had the gun made to fit him. Maybe that is your answer?
    MS
    Hi MS
    What sort of money is a fitted Perazzi, then? I thought that sort of option would be way out of my price range.
    LT

Quote Originally Posted by Klenchblaize View Post
    My money is on Red-Dot having something worth looking at. Top member and keen to make space in the cabinet.

K
    Quality

best advice, spend 2k on the shotgun and the rest on a boob job for the wife, life is it's about love and sharing.