Thread: RCBS FL die center rod

RCBS FL die center rod

Hi does anyone have or know where I can get a new threaded rod that runs down the centre of RCBS Full length die? I inadvertently bent mine trying to remove a jammed case Doh!
    Its a .308 die but I'm pretty sure they'll be a standard RCBS centre rod.
    Cheers

Hi,try Macoys or Tim Hannam i think that the Lyman one will fit the RCBS with an adaptor...C

SD Regular
    I have one if you are desperate. Just the rod. 5.00 including the postage with a Certificate of Posting.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwikeeper View Post
    Hi does anyone have or know where I can get a new threaded rod that runs down the centre of RCBS Full length die? I inadvertently bent mine trying to remove a jammed case Doh!
    Its a .308 die but I'm pretty sure they'll be a standard RCBS centre rod.
    Cheers
    Just be aware that RCBS stems come in different diameters ..... 4.0mm/.155" and 6.3mm/.245". There are 3 different dedicated pin assemblies I know of. I've got several die-sets fitted with each, and the shorter cases often have thinner stems.

Lyman die-set stems I've got are 4.8mm/.185". Redding are a different diameter & pitch of thread.

None of the brands I have are interchangeable, and I know of no adapters. That's deliberate, I'm sure.

Only Lee dies can be used with parts 'cannibalised' from other Lee die calibres, and are hard to bend or break. Maybe a point in their favour?
    If I'm going to be accused of it then it's just as well I did it.

SD Regular
    Yes. Si istral is right. It would help if you could say if the decapping pins you have are headed or unheaded.

Thanks for your time guys have PMd Enfieldspares with details. Cheers

I have emailed RCBS before when looking for parts and they have mailed spares foc , and have answer queries promptly .

Cheers

SD Regular
    Attachment 39339

I have found TWO of these are they are about four inches long and about one quarter inch in diameter. BUT...they are for the old style decapping pin, large, that has no head. So just a stright up and down pin like a length of steel rod. Not headed.

I don't know if that means that your expander ball will work on it or not. I am happy to send one rod, or two rods to you if you wish. As mentioned 5.00 each per rod including the postage with a Certificate of Posting and stick on an additional 50p each per straight de-capping pin if you want those as well.

Over to you! Note that these are not new but a couple of bits that I have kept as spares over the last few years.