Lightweight moderator for 308 hill rifle

paulbshooting

Hello all, been reading a lot on here and the web regarding mods.

I am after a lightweight one for my sako A7 hill rifle set up in 308. I prefer a one piece unit that cant be stripped and use a jet z and old North Star on my lowland deer and foxing kit, both are quite heavy but work well. Don't get to the hill a lot but where I go is tough terrain so weight is my most important factor.

I have narrowed it down to the Hardy mod or ASE SL5. Any feedback on those or another one piece light option are welcome please. Thanks ;)

Mate just got a hardy to say I could hardly feel the mod was not an understatement compared to my t8 scout and north star !
norma

I changed to a Hardy Gen 4 for my .25-06. I appreciated on the difference on the hill and I liked the muzzle brake effect of Hardy design which helps with seeing the shot and rapid subsequent shots.

Just shoot with no mod on hill no weight then. if mods a must have the hardys are superb for this purpose

Have you looked at the A-tec cmm4 alu? I have one and it's nice and light.
I have one of those and it has a 14 x 1 thread and know a few others that have them too, they are highly rated, hence the reason I got one.
If you are not far from me you are welcome to see it.

The Hardy gen 4 is hardly heavier than the A Tec CMM 4. The Hardy adds less lengt to the rifle. Which one would be the most reliable over longer periods ( least maintenance or trouble) ? They are illegal here so no experience at all.

Back