Rugby

Only one way and thats up. Trouble is not enough clubs to pick from. Im happy that we won but I also have family in Scotland!

Is it just me that dreads the thought of shouting 'come on Fr', come on fra come on F......no I can't bring myself to even type it

I'm struggling here, if it stays 13-12 I'm happy. I get pains in my head when I start shouting for France!

I think France tried, just didn't have it in them. Tight though! Obviously wanted England to win, but if any one else was to win the 6 Nations, I'm pleased it's Ireland.

Its been a good six nations this year. Have really enjoyed it. Most have something that they can leave with and look forward to.

It was a good close game. My prediction about Ireland at the start of this year's six nations came true pity I don't have the same feelings about the lottery numbers. Well done Ireland.

The Welsh game was a bit different this week but unfortunately for Scotland the game was decided right at the start of the match.

I have no idea of what Hogg was thinking, but the book will undoubtedly be thrown at him - that sort of "tackle" has no place on the rugby pitch. He let everyone down, which I believe he has since acknowledged.

Personally I think the referee should be applauded for calling Hogg back and showing him the red card.

It spoiled what otherwise promised to be an interesting game, though I don't know that Wales can draw too many conclusions from the result. Listening to the commentary on Radio Wales you'd think they are now in line for the next World Cup, and they conveniently seemed to have forgotten their performances both the previous weekend and the game against Ireland.

Ireland were worthy winners, but like Wales they have some questions to answer before the next World Cup. BOD's departure will hit them hard, and they have other senior players who may follow him before too long.

If you had to pick a Lions team now it would have quite a different look about it.

willie_gunn

I am glad that Ireland won fair and square in the end, because you can just imagine the arguments about the try against the post that France were awarded when the replay clearly showed the ball had been dropped.

Yes but I think the ref was feeling guilty for not yellow carding Healy for diving over, and use of the shoulder, along with the previous three penaltys, a yellow card for sure.

I am glad that Ireland won fair and square in the end, because you can just imagine the arguments about the try against the post that France were awarded when the replay clearly showed the ball had been dropped.

It wasn't
he had contact with his left hand throughout, you can even see his fingers splayed due to the pressure he is putting on the ball
he drove the ball forward in one movement
38 secs on the vid

ref was also right there

Thanks for the video Mate, I can see what you mean now. It looked quite different on the television but the video allows you to look at it more carefully.

Back