Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Zeroing Help please

Zeroing Help please

I have got my FAC and rifle based on shooting paid for stalking days - i.e. I've got no land of my own to shoot on. The RFD who sold me the rifle allowed me to zero it on his land but I'd really like to get to know it, my scope and ammo a bit better.

I wonder if anyone has a range set up that they would let me use. I'd be happy to make a small payment if necessary. The land would need to be cleared though as I have a closed ticket. I'm a responsible 40 yr old company director.

I'm on the Herts/Bucks border between Hemel Hempstead & Aylesbury.

Well, they say if you don't ask you don't get...

Could you not go to a local club range? Ours will allow a FAC holder to shoot for 5 per visit. If you were nearer to me I'd take you!

Re: Zeroing Help please

Quote Originally Posted by Gully
    I have got my FAC and rifle based on shooting paid for stalking days - i.e. I've got no land of my own to shoot on. The RFD who sold me the rifle allowed me to zero it on his land but I'd really like to get to know it, my scope and ammo a bit better.

I wonder if anyone has a range set up that they would let me use. I'd be happy to make a small payment if necessary. The land would need to be cleared though as I have a closed ticket. I'm a responsible 40 yr old company director.

I'm on the Herts/Bucks border between Hemel Hempstead & Aylesbury.

Well, they say if you don't ask you don't get...
    Gully what cal are we talking mate

I've never seen a club range that is cleared for fullbore other than MOD ranges. I've asked around about this before and it seems Bisley is the only place near London that you can use for fullbore rifles. If I'm wrong please set me right. Every club near here is rimfire only and goes to Bisley for fullbore.

Established Poster
    North Lanarkshire, the land that Summer forgot.
    Have you tried Chinnor Rifle Club or the ranges at Wendover.

I know Chinnor is cleared for full bore but I think their indoor range is only 25 metres.

Pierred - 6.5x55.
    is it moderated.
    As for fullbore ranges Oundle and Bassingbourne barracks have c/f ranges.
    If its just for the occasional plink i will butter up one of my farmers but obviously you would only be able to shoot when i am present and you rifle would need to be wearing a mod.

Cheers Gareth, looked at Wendover before for .22LR, bit for fullbore its a no-no, they all go to Bisley.

Not heard of Chinnor so I googled them- from their website:

Note: Full Bore Rifles
    Full bore centre-fire rifles are not to be confused with gallery rifles which shoot centre-fire pistol-calibre ammunition (for example, .357, .38, .44 or .45) of a lower MV (muzzle velocity) and lower ME (muzzle energy). See 'CRPC Range Spec below, for our range limits.) Although technically any calibre measuring greater than .22 is 'full bore' (i.e. not 'small bore'), gallery rifles are a larger calibre but must shoot the reduced propellant loads in order to keep MV and ME below those for which the CRPC range is certified. 'Factory loads' of full bore rifle ammo can not be used on the CRPC indoor range.
    CRPC is not certified for full bore rifle shooting. (See CRPC Range Spec below.)
    HOWEVER, the club does have a small number of generic (non-named) full-bore memberships of the NRA, which entitle a full CRPC club member to shoot their own full bore rifle at the NRA and NSC outdoor ranges at Bisley Camp (Surrey) - see hyperlinks below for these facilities. NRA members can hire rifles to shoot at Bisley.

I'm trying to avoid getting involved in the whole Bisley thing, just looking for someone who has a bit of land that they wouldn't mind sharing for a small payment.
    [/i]

Pierred

Yes, its moderated. Whereabouts are you?

Pierred

Yes, its moderated. Whereabouts are you?
    welwyn garden city