Thread: Optilock 30mm Ringmounts..... or Third Eye Sako

Optilock 30mm Ringmounts..... or Third Eye Sako

I'm looking for a pair of the one-piece Optilock 30mm Ringmounts in Blue to match the action but I'd be happy with Stainless.

ie As per these.....SAKO OPTILOCK Ring mounts

.....or even a pair of the 30mm High (29mm) Third Eye Tactical Sako direct fit. At least I think it's the 30mm Highs from the picatinny ring pdf
    http://www.thirdeyetactical.com/down...inny-Rings.PDF

I don't want to go to the Medium Optilocks as the 'scope is sitting a perfect 1mm above the barrel.

The ringmounts may not work depending on where they end up in the dovetail in centralising the 'scope in relation to the turret housing....... but yer just gotta try these things out.

Cheers

Fizz

What size objective lens on your scope do you have? Just for some info, I have a 30mm stainless set of optilock ringmounts on a stainless sako 85, with a 3-12x50 IR Zeiss duralyt fitted , I can still get a set of Butler creek scope covers on with a couple of millimetres gap to spare.

Quote Originally Posted by paultap View Post
    What size objective lens on your scope do you have? Just for some info, I have a 30mm stainless set of optilock ringmounts on a stainless sako 85, with a 3-12x50 IR Zeiss duralyt fitted , I can still get a set of Butler creek scope covers on with a couple of millimetres gap to spare.
    I'm trying to get a bit more eye-relief on a Zeiss 6-24*56 mounted on my Sako A1 re-barreled in with a Pacnor in .20Prac. The only downside of these Diavaris is the bulky turret housing and the forward base has already been milled up to the clamp chock to allow it to sit further forward in low rings giving the perfect 1mm clearance and cheek weld.

I've just had it bedded into a McMillan stock but this is a bit shorter in the butt than the original wood stock with the red rubber butt pad.

Cheers

Fizz

ive got op[tilock to picatinny 2 opeice rail here by third eye
    Official Sponsor to Team GB F Class

Morning Mark,
    Thanks for letting me know, I'm trying not to go down the Pic rail route as adding one to the 2 Sako dovetails just adds extra height. If I do go down that route it'll be with qr mounts to give me the option on swapping to an NV 'scope. I've bought a pair of Recknagel lever QR's for the 595 recently and I'm impressed with those.

Cheers,

Fizz
    Last edited by fizzbangwhallop; 16-03-2014 at 11:39.

Not sorted after all so still looking.

Thanks all.

Cheers

Fizz
    Last edited by fizzbangwhallop; 18-03-2014 at 12:21.