Thread: Trail Camera Problem

Trail Camera Problem

I set a camera out for about a month and while the first set of daytime photos were normal, more recent photos on the memory card showed a pink colour cast. As can be seen, after this happened the night time photos are perfectly normal. I have tested the camera since with a different card and the problem persists. It is obviously a camera problem rather than card issue and it is not sunlight glare as I have checked it at different angles. My suspicion may be water damage though when picked up it appeared fine. Has anyone seen similar or have a solution.

Having said that some of the photos worked on in photoshop give a nice artistic look to them, but I'd soon get fed up with that...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PICT0110.jpg 
Views:	67 
Size:	495.4 KB 
ID:	39235 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PICT0383.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	571.9 KB 
ID:	39236 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PICT0604.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	504.5 KB 
ID:	39237

I had something similar ,but it was the angle against the setting sun or rising sun.
    It may work ? Try putting the camera 50 yards further up looking back away from the skyline?
    It only happened to me in the mornings. Dark/an hour of pink/then ok

Looks like the ir filter is stuck in night mode. Try the camera on walk test and see if the filter is coming across the lens, you should hear and see it, if not it's stuck.

Don't know what make of trail camera you have but it may just need a little knock on the side to release it, problem is if it's happened once it may happen again especially if you suspect water ingress.

Just noticed now it's a Bushnell
    Last edited by ELMER FUDD; 15-03-2014 at 21:53. Reason: new info

Quote Originally Posted by ELMER FUDD View Post
    Looks like the ir filter is stuck in night mode. Try the camera on walk test and see if the filter is coming across the lens, you should hear and see it, if not it's stuck.

Don't know what make of trail camera you have but it may just need a little knock on the side to release it, problem is if it's happened once it may happen again especially if you suspect water ingress.

Just noticed now it's a Bushnell
    This.

As said the IR filter clunks back and forth in front of the lens and sometimes it gets stuck. You can often hear it move by covering the light sensor with your finger, and then uncovering it.

Try the chasinggame forums and see if they have any suggestions for a solution - Bushnell went through a bad patch in terms of reliability before the arrival of the 2012 cameras, though I didn't know stuck IR filters was a common fault, but the folks on chasing game often have a solution to common faults.
    For self catering accommodation on the Isle of Lewis please visit:
    http://www.7south.co.uk/

If it's fairly new (within warranty) send it back to who you bought it off and bushnell will replace it or fix it. I sent mine back and it was replaced with no questions asked. Mine was from uttings.

Many thanks for suggestions, will bash it about a bit and see how it goes. Unfortunately it would be well out of warranty at this stage.

might just be me but i like the pink ones ? atb doug,
    DONT START

Had the same thing happen to one of my Ltl Acorn 5210 cameras, as has been mentioned above the IR filter was stuck, i knocked it a couple of times but it wouldn't fix so I just opened up the front section of the camera and repositioned the lens, was a quick easy fix.
    Jonathan

My Hunting Blog: click here