Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Blaser R93 Qs

Blaser R93 Qs

Had a scout of the threads but can't find answers for these ones,

1. Can you order standard barrels threaded and if so what size thread do they come in?
    2. If .270 is in the same caliber group (ST) as the short actions like .308 does that mean you need to change barrel and mag and bolt head when swapping over? Is changing the bolt head as simple as the barrel change?
    3. Until recently I thought blaser used a one piece mount but I've found some rings offered separately?? Are there alternatives on mount height?

Thanks

1.15x1 spigot with standard barrel
    2.mag comes with barrel.
    3.search alan rhone , contessa, mounts and rails

Oxfordshire, Wiltshire, Berkshire....and Sutherland
    View my Gallery (19)View my Gallery (19)
    1. Yes, as MARKG has said, they are 15x1 spigot
    2. Unfortunately 270 isn't in the same caliber group as .308, so you'd need to change barrel and mag. Not sure about bolt head, but someone on here will know. You can see the two magazines on this page: Blaser - Blaser R93 Magazines
    If you enlarge the photos for the 30-06 (which is shared with .270) and the .308 magazines you will be able to read the other calibers as they are printed on the side.
    3. The saddlemount is a one-piece mount but the rings are separate. That way you can swap between low/medium/high and between 1" and 30mm rings. Spacers are also available apparently.

willie_gunn
    O wad some Power the giftie gie us to see oursels as ithers see us!

Same bolt head for 270 and 308.
    As is many others from 22-250 to 9.3x62.
    Awesome rifles.

Quote Originally Posted by 9.3x64 View Post
    Same bolt head for 270 and 308.
    As is many others from 22-250 to 9.3x62.
    Awesome rifles.
    Thanks. This is what i meant on .2.

Thanks for input. I'm trying to weigh up between this and an M03. I'm not fussed about the straight pull action and lean more towards a traditional rifle but I know there is the weight advantage with the blaser.

Hi Ben,
    I can recommend Ian Mulliners for either.
    When I was in the market for a modular rifle I couldn't make up my mind between Blaser or Mauser but a visit to Mulliners gave me the option of feeling both.
    I spent the best part of an afternoon crossing from one side of his shop between the Mauser side and the Blaser side almost wearing a path in the carpet !!
    I finally decided on the Blaser mainly due to weight and feel of the stock but almost changed my mind a week later !!
    I tried closing the Blaser bolt quietly and got a light strike when a nice big Fallow Buck was in my sights :-(
    I've got the hang of it now and wouldn't look back.

I've got a Blaser and an M03, I know. I favour the M03 by a small margin, particularly the cocking mechanism and the trigger just.

Quote Originally Posted by stevenedwards View Post
    I've got a Blaser and an M03, I know. I favour the M03 by a small margin, particularly the cocking mechanism and the trigger just.
    What calibers do you have them in? What configurations? How do they shoot side by side? (if you know what I mean ! )

Quote Originally Posted by EMcC View Post
    I tried closing the Blaser bolt quietly and got a light strike when a nice big Fallow Buck was in my sights :-(
    I've got the hang of it now and wouldn't look back.
    That's happened to me several times over the years.... but they are pretty quiet to work the bolt handle to and fro to re-cock the spring. Quieter than many safeties to push the hammer forward and re-load too........ I've shot foxes within 40metres, finger fed the next round into the chamber and shot a second wondering wtf happened to it's mate.

The lowest picatinny rail I found was from Bojan aka zruncho on fleabay - well made... I've had 3 over the years. And his other mounts/rings are worth a look....... looks like the dollar sterling exchange rate is pretty good at the moment too:
    zruncho | eBay

And... with a change of screw you could always fit Optilock rings to a Saddlemount.

Cheers

Fizz