Thread: Parker Hale scope rings and/or blocks

Parker Hale scope rings and/or blocks

I have recently acquired a nice BSA CF2 which I am looking forward to getting going and then perhaps removing the awful, though authentic I gather, gloss varnish.

my problem is that it came with PH blocks and low scope rings. These are fine, but the bolt fouls the scope, so I've got to raise it a bit.
    Having scoured my usual sources, I am having trouble finding either:

some taller Parker Hale rings (1") to fit the dovetails (~20mm)
    or riser blocks,
    or taller dovetail blocks.

Does anyone here have any of the above that they would be happy to part with? (perhaps rattling around in the box that "needs a sort out?")

The cf2 was designed to attract the US market so is set up to accept re my 700 long action bases and rings/mounts. Easy as pie to find. I am guessing you could even just stick a set of medium warne mounts on the existing bases

Quote Originally Posted by ronscomon View Post
    I have recently acquired a nice BSA CF2 which I am looking forward to getting going and then perhaps removing the awful, though authentic I gather, gloss varnish.

my problem is that it came with PH blocks and low scope rings. These are fine, but the bolt fouls the scope, so I've got to raise it a bit.
    Having scoured my usual sources, I am having trouble finding either:

some taller Parker Hale rings (1") to fit the dovetails (~20mm)
    or riser blocks,
    or taller dovetail blocks.

Does anyone here have any of the above that they would be happy to part with? (perhaps rattling around in the box that "needs a sort out?")

Thanks for the info PKL. I'll take it with me next time and get some of those just to get it working. I'd quite like to keep it fairly original though (with the possible exception of the stock finish!), as I have with my .22 supersport.
    So if there are any PH high rings or bases out there looking for a new home, I'd still be interested.

ebay
    crop up all the time
    should go for less than 40-50 in good nick

helston gunsmiths have a set of original PH's in high for sale for about 40. trade only so you'd have to get your local RFD to order them

good luck

I have a pair of PH Ral s3 That are v good condition 35 inc p&p

Thanks for the ideas, I shall follow them up.
    Dickie, how tall are your RAL S3s? I think, without looking, they may be what I have which are a tad too low.

PS Helston's price must just have gone up - they're asking 60 so no go there... Will keep watch though.

Got some! thanks to members of the site, one of whom came up with the goods. fitting tonight...