Thread: Atec Maxim

Atec Maxim

My maxim isn't old and I cant split nor want to for cleaning but is it possible to replace the thread on them?
    The threaded section also contains the rear reflex baffle so anyone an idea of the cost if they are changeable?
    Cheers
    I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy!
    Another 7mm08 shooter!

Would not have thought it'd be cheap as the bit with the thread (I assume you mean the part the muzzle screws into) is steel (at least on mine) and looks like a sort of freaky flash hider (hexagonal external section).
    Probably loctited in a well...

I can't remember how much I paid but a quick 'phone call to Jackson's Rifles will put you right.
    I have two front sections as one is for my Blaser barrels of 15 x 1 spigot and the other is the bog standard 1/2" x 20 Unf for my Remmy.

Quote Originally Posted by EMcC View Post
    I can't remember how much I paid but a quick 'phone call to Jackson's Rifles will put you right.
    I have two front sections as one is for my Blaser barrels of 15 x 1 spigot and the other is the bog standard 1/2" x 20 Unf for my Remmy.
    Perfect, so you have two threads?
    Is it this Maxim you have?
    http://www.a-tec.no/en/silencers/maxim
    And was it tricky to split?
    Another 7mm08 shooter!

I enquired about this to change threads the price I was quoted was around 120

Quote Originally Posted by bk View Post
    Perfect, so you have two threads?Is it this Maxim you have?http://www.a- o/en/silencers/maxim
    And was it tricky to split?
    Yes that is the one, as for price, I can't see me paying the price Paul quoted.
    I would get your friendly RFD to speak to Jacksons just in case there is a big mark up from trade to public prices.

If you send the old one back to Jacksons they will replace it (with any thread you like) for 66. Or if you want just the bottom section it is 111. I got these prices about a week ago, while sorting out some of my rifles. Hope that helps.

Quote Originally Posted by woodmaster View Post
    If you send the old one back to Jacksons they will replace it (with any thread you like) for 66. Or if you want just the bottom section it is 111. I got these prices about a week ago, while sorting out some of my rifles. Hope that helps.
    Spot on matey, just spoke to them.
    111 is a bit pricey
    Another 7mm08 shooter!

This has popped up before-

Mod cleaning