Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why do I do it ?

Why do I do it ?

Just slipped a mint s/b 8x56 onto the 308 replacing a s/b 6x42 wasn't going to swap it as I'm stalking this week and it was cock on last night as I shot a nice munty BUT it was warm sunny and not much wind so i did .
    went down to the range at school and 3 shots and had it on bull ,I lifted slightly and put three an 1" group not content I had a couple more and wished I hadn't bit high and left arhhh so packed up and I'll have a shot tomorrow with a cold barrel .if only I listened to the inner voice and packed up now I'm twitchy
    Norma

As your mother used to say "Stop playing with it!"
    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not using it in a fruit salad.

Amateurs practice until they get it right. Professionals practice until they never get it wrong.

lock it all down and try again as you say with a cold tube and yes why did you take off the 8x56 was it broken

Quote Originally Posted by paul o' View Post
    lock it all down and try again as you say with a cold tube and yes why did you take off the 8x56 was it broken
    No just me im stupid sure it'll be fine cold ,I did just tweak the screws on the mounts between the group would that send them off a bit ?

Glad someone else is like me Norma. Changed the rings on mine last week and did the same as you've done with the scope.

depends on how much you did it feller i set mine at 15 /20 flb with stud lock and let them dry overnight, you have been doing this long enough not to suck eggs boss, it will be ok tomorrow or swap it back tonight then leave it alone next time .

Three shots tonight, thumb nail sized group nothing to worry about
    cheers

If it aint broke dont fix it!