Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: hardy gen moderators

hardy gen moderators

I picked up my new hardy gen 4 ,looking forward to useing it and not geting as much kick from my 308 as claimed up to 10% more reduction in recoil , what a load off sh!t as much recoil as the wildcats or reflex t8, and i now have muzzle flip to boot , I wish i could take it back and have my wildcat back as that did kick but it was not as loud and i never got muzzle flip . I no this is down to the bulit in brake at the front but it seems a bit pointless to have a brake when it creates the flip i would not recomened this moderator .and i would not buy another one .Has anyone eles had any problems ? sorry i should have said this is lying prone

You're always going to get more recoil & muzzle flip than a T8 as the Hardy is 45% of the weight. Not sure why you were told otherwise, but you need to take that up with them as it's basic physics.

I'm perfectly happy with mine, but I was more concerned about the weight reduction than recoil or muzzle flip
    Sako 75 6.5x55mm-Z6i 3-18x50. MauserM12 .308-SIII 6-24x50. Beretta 690 III Field 12b.
    "You have enemies? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life."
    Sir Winston Leonard Spencer Churchill (1874-1965)

Quote Originally Posted by I. Farticus View Post
    You're always going to get more recoil & muzzle flip than a T8 as the Hardy is 45% of the weight. Not sure why you were told otherwise, but you need to take that up with them as it's basic physics.

I'm perfectly happy with mine, but I was more concerned about the weight reduction than recoil or muzzle flip
    +1
    10% more reduction from what though and how measured/calculated? and could you really perceive 10% anyway? I always think you have to either take claims like that with a pinch of salt, or get in to the nitty gritty of calculating it for yourself (which could get complicated if maths isn't your favourite subject.) Here it seems mostly about reducing the moment of inertia of your muzzle... Less mass = easier to accelerate/decelerate. Where's that salt?

For me, it's mainly about keeping my hearing, as well as the weight reduction. It still jumps around a lot less than with no mod at all.

I like mine on my 708 barley notice any recoil and as quiet as any other lightweight mod I've used and that's been a fair few over the past year including a third eye, roedale and atec maxxim

Just spoke to the guy in the shop were it came from and he said that his is the older mod and he dose not have a problem with his so he is going to let me shoot his and compare the two.

I believe Accuracy international do a moderator with a built in muzzle break and they don't seem to have a problem? I liked the look of a moderator on here but my thread about them suggests they are not very good!

Trident suppressors
    Last edited by Paul 600; 18-03-2014 at 11:48.

Quote Originally Posted by ronscomon View Post
    +1
    10% more reduction from what though and how measured/calculated? and could you really perceive 10% anyway? I always think you have to either take claims like that with a pinch of salt, or get in to the nitty gritty of calculating it for yourself (which could get complicated if maths isn't your favourite subject.) Here it seems mostly about reducing the moment of inertia of your muzzle... Less mass = easier to accelerate/decelerate. Where's that salt?

For me, it's mainly about keeping my hearing, as well as the weight reduction. It still jumps around a lot less than with no mod at all.
    I believe its stated 10% less than the Gen 3. I have a Gen 4 on a 308 and love it I wasn't expecting miracles with 290 gm mod but I reckon it's pretty good compromise between sound moderation, recoil and weight.

2 p worth

i have a hardy4 and get zero flip and far better than my old t8 it was on .243 now on 6.5x47 , so ill find out if is no good on a bigger cal, but seen one shoot on a 270 no probs from that as well.

must be somthing wrong with mine then becouse it jumps arond like a box of frogs??? i never got flip before ever on t8 or wlidcat on 243 and 308 so maybe it needs to go back?? and i will just put up with a bit more weight i am fit enough to get about with an extra pound on my back. but as i nearly allways shoot of stix and i only get the filp when shooting of the bipod i might just have to put up with it, but the must be better out there than this surley any ideas
    Quote Originally Posted by paul o' View Post
    2 p worth

i have a hardy4 and get zero flip and far better than my old t8 it was on .243 now on 6.5x47 , so ill find out if is no good on a bigger cal, but seen one shoot on a 270 no probs from that as well.

try quad sticks ? but as you are going to try the shops one you can see if yours is at fault , you never know feller you may just have a bad one what thread is it ?