Thread: fancy pigeons

fancy pigeons

hi was just wondering if any body on here keeps fancy pigeons . as i am looking for a pair of pouters . thought a would ask cheers

in case you're not aware of this site

Pigeons for sale around UK :: Birdtrader
    a barony original

Is that breasted out or full dressed roasted?

you will start with two and end up with hundreds , atb doug, kept loads tipplers rollers pouters racers , no more crap everywhere now i just eat em, go figure,
    Last edited by AN DU RU FOX; 17-03-2014 at 16:40.
    DONT START

They always feel gritty to eat to me !!

Quote Originally Posted by AN DU RU FOX View Post
    you will start with two and end up with hundreds , atb doug, kept loads tipplers rollers pouters racers , no more crap everywhere now i just eat em, go figure,
    Are you serious? What do they compare to as far as chicken or turkey (assuming they eat the same feed)? We used to eat guinea a lot because it was all that could free range and not get ate by the foxes... Did em in the oven like a turkey and you couldn't tell the difference (just smaller).... I always think about pigeons cause the old guy that used to own our place kept them and the roosts/nests are still here... Was thinking about a couple but no idea what to do with the surplus....

Quote Originally Posted by daven View Post
    Are you serious? What do they compare to as far as chicken or turkey (assuming they eat the same feed)? We used to eat guinea a lot because it was all that could free range and not get ate by the foxes... Did em in the oven like a turkey and you couldn't tell the difference (just smaller).... I always think about pigeons cause the old guy that used to own our place kept them and the roosts/nests are still here... Was thinking about a couple but no idea what to do with the surplus....
    stir fries, casseroles ,the list is endless enjoy, regards doug,
    DONT START