Thread: New Norwegian member

New Norwegian member

Hi you all!

My name is Stig and I do work as a teacher at a Secondary School i Norway, Department natural resource use. I have the main responsibility for managing the school's roe deer population, therefore I have a special interest for roe deer.

I am on the search for some excellent roe deer male hunting for me and my friend (working as forest and land manager) in 2014 or 2015. So joining this forum and site, might be the way to go for me.

Best regards
    Stig

Welcome to the site Stig,

I have responded to your Pm and email.

Regards

Malcolm
    All grades of deer stalkers/hunters in the UK and overseas catered for. Level 2 DMQ signing off available. Over 30 years experience in the stalking/hunting industry. For friendly and professional help go to www.UKOutfitters.co.uk

ZEISS PRO STALKER.

Hi Stig,

Welcome to the forum, there's quite a few Scandinavians on here now.

Where abouts in Norway are you based, I'm a Brit but have been living in Oslo for over 10 years now.

Counting down the days to bukkejakt!
    Jonathan

My Hunting Blog: click here

Hi Stig. Same as Jonathan, british but lived just outside Oslo for many years. Welcome to a great stalking site.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonher View Post
    Hi Stig,

Welcome to the forum, there's quite a few Scandinavians on here now.

Where abouts in Norway are you based, I'm a Brit but have been living in Oslo for over 10 years now
    Counting down the days to bukkejakt!
    Hello

I`m living just outside Oslo (Rælingen), but my work are situated in a place called Bjørkelangen.

How is the UK deer population compared with the one in Norway? Where in Britain do you have the highest roe deer density?

Welcome to the site,

John
    A clever man knows his strengths, a wise man knows his weaknesses

Quote Originally Posted by stbasnv View Post
    Hello

I`m living just outside Oslo (Rælingen), but my work are situated in a place called Bjørkelangen.

How is the UK deer population compared with the one in Norway? Where in Britain do you have the highest roe deer density?
    Hi Stig,

The UK has a very good deer population compared to what I have experieced in Norway, but when I hunted roe deer in the UK it was in open farmland so it was easier to see the deer and get an idea of populations, Where I hunt in Norway it is forestry so your lucky if you even see a deer.

AS for the highest density, I have no idea perhaps if you ask in the general discussions section of the forum you will get some answers.
    Jonathan

My Hunting Blog: click here