Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What should i do ????

What should i do ????

What do I do ??????? I bought this rifle in 7mm-08 with the intention of fitting a mod and to use as a lighter option stalking rifle instead of the varmint barrelled jobbies that I usually use and carry.
    The plan was have it threaded fit a maxim which I just bought whip the 6x42 zeiss dialyt scope and mounts off fit optilocks and a illuminated 8x50 or 56 instead, trouble is now I have it in my mitts I don't want to do anything to it ! it a gorgeous bit of kit the wood is stunning and its truly mint and really handles like a dream just the way it is !
    Bet even I could do a half decent group free hand its that well balanced those posh low control yank mounts detachable rings and 6x42 scope give it a very low profile so the cheek weld is spot on .
    Im in a dilemma now should I just leave it and use it as its set up for or go down the first option ? does anyone still use un moderated rifles with 6x scopes anymore ?????????? Also as a bonus when I got to the shop I was offered a deal of the century too I got a shed load of boxes of 140 partitions and loading gear including neck die full length die and bullet seater that look brand new at a mere fraction of new price I just couldn't refuse these ! come on then guys what you recon keep it simple and free of bipods and mods and use as is ? or moderate and re scope ?

SD Regular
    North yorkshire/sometimes down south and occasionally further north
    use a mod for definite...... but leave the rest alone!!! keep oiling that stock too!

Plenty still shoot without mod. if you are worried about your hearing then earplugs or defenders will do the job.

As for the scope many of us have been seduced by big scopes but in truth if the rifle is to be used for stalking 6x42 is all you will ever need.

Quote Originally Posted by Double four View Post
    Those posh low CONETROL yank mounts detachable rings and 6x42 scope give it a very low profile so the cheek weld is spot on.
    Yep, don't you just love the way they add nothing but pure class??

Nice bit of wood too and that if stripped and given an oil finish after one or two grain-enhancing 'tweaks' would take it to another level.

I can see why you would not wish to put a can on the end!

Cheers.

K
    Last edited by Klenchblaize; 17-03-2014 at 11:46.

Leave it alone, it doesn't need a mod. The 7-08's not that loud either. A few weeks ago when I was in a high seat at Sikamalc's, he didn't even hear the shot and he was listening out for it. Oh, and I have a stutzen rifle and therefore no moderator. I wear ear defenders at the range but not for the half a dozen rounds I shoot every year in the field.

all my rifles exept the rimfire are unmodded and thats the way i like them well balanced and lovely to shoot, just get some good plugs, I wont be going back anytime soon, atb wayne
    ps it looks stunning

http://www.facebook.com/pages/UKSHA/502164506587351
    uksha
    Discretion assured - call us anytime, free on 0800 689 0857
    please visit our web site: uksha1
    or find us on facebook
    Sponsored proudly by Pfanner, Blaser, Clark Forest, John Forsey sports

Leave it as it is and just enjoy the purity of it.

Im in a dilemma now should I just leave it and use it as its set up for or go down the first option ? does anyone still use un moderated rifles with 6x scopes anymore ??????????

are you having a laugh? unmoderated with a fixed mag 6x42 is just about the most timeless combination ever...I can't imagine anyone who does NOT shoot this combination!!

It looks great the way it is. If it feels right, shoots right, looks right...maybe leave it as it is!

[QUOTE=Glen of Imaal;753653]It looks great the way it is. If it feels right, shoots right, looks right...maybe leave it as it is![/QUOTE

remember,,,there's a reason it was put together like that