Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Banking

Banking

Just a quick question for trade members.
    Any trade members had issues with Lloyds bank?
    My company which deals with firearms training and is an RFD has been told that we are not the sort of business that the bank is happy to be dealing withany more If it was the Co-op bank I would understand but they have been fine for the past few years.

Reckon the shooting organisations need to be made aware of this

I have had a CO-OP account for years, no problem at all

That is useful to know in case I branch out. I have a business account with Lloyds but I am in IT.

Sounds like something BASC should be getting excited about - more important probably than mags in WH Smith!

Key Issues | BASC

Thanks for the replies. If we were selling stuff that was of use in regime change I would understand it! Safety based training and the occasional rifle and ammo puts us into the potential enemy of the state category I suspect.

I think that this subject came up with another company or gun shop who were long standing customers of Lloyds some time ago. The matter was aired in Shooting Times and the bank backed down saying that existing accounts could continue but they wouldn't take on any new business associated with shooting.
    I think it might be worthwhile for every shooter in the country with a Lloyds account to email the company and ask them what their policy is. Shooters can then decide and vote with their feet if the bank has an unhelpful attitude and policy towards shooting.
    It's the calibre of the shooter that counts not the calibre of the rifle.

Just messaged my bank and I'm waiting on a reply with some interest especially as it was one of the banks that was hauled out of the **** with public money

Quote Originally Posted by 8x57 View Post
    I think that this subject came up with another company or gun shop who were long standing customers of Lloyds some time ago. The matter was aired in Shooting Times and the bank backed down saying that existing accounts could continue but they wouldn't take on any new business associated with shooting.
    I think it might be worthwhile for every shooter in the country with a Lloyds account to email the company and ask them what their policy is. Shooters can then decide and vote with their feet if the bank has an unhelpful attitude and policy towards shooting.
    It would not mater a jot if all shooters banking with Lloyds went elsewhere!!

ian