Thread: Harkila proshooter trousers

Harkila proshooter trousers

Anybody use these trousers for summer stalking and what's your opinion on them thanks.

I do rate the pro hunter trousers as they are goretex, not sure I would want to spend that money on something that is not even waterproof

I've just been studying all the options available for summer stalking trousers. I use pro hunters in the winter and love them but think the fabric might be too heavy for summer. Finally plumped for 5.11 taclite pro pants . Should be arriving today so quite excited ! Ff

Very pleased with the trousers. They are light but tough. Numerous pockets and of a good quality. I will be buying another pair now. I'm sure they will serve me well for summer stalking and rabbiting. Ff

Firefly,

can I ask if the Taclite Pro fabric makes much noise-either from the material forming the legs scuffing against each other or from twigs brushing up against them?

Regards,

FNF

Quote Originally Posted by FURNOTFEATHER View Post
    Firefly,

can I ask if the Taclite Pro fabric makes much noise-either from the material forming the legs scuffing against each other or from twigs brushing up against them?

Regards,

FNF
    FNF, I've not tried them in the field yet only round the house. The bottom of the trouser legs are rubbing together but I'm almost certain that this is the way they were folded flat in the bag makes them wider that way, until washed and worn in. I don't think they make enough noise to worry about. They seem well made and have an extra diamond shape sewn into the crotch. This gives exceptional range of movement so climbing over fences etc shouldn't be a problem. They are quite generous in sizing too.

Regards,
    Ff