Why Didn't Ipull the trigger

alan

Folks
A question for you.Something to think about.
Yesterday due to the weather conditions we cancelled our shoot. I decided to go and fill all the feeders anyway. I took my rifle with me just in case the oportunity arrived for a shot in the shape of a fox or a Roe.
Driving across our shoot I spotted three roe about 150 yds away. Got out of the motor, set myself up on the bonnet pushed a round up the spout. Perfectly safe back drop. Three beasts (big doe and two very well grown kids, due to all the pheasant feed they have eaten). All standing side on for a perfect shot. Everything safe, easy shot.
So why didn't I take the shot?????
Best Regards
Alan

A stray parachutist landed between you and the roe :rolleyes:

Suffering from bad flatulence you were afraid the shot may be pulled :eek:

Give us a clue

Terry

150yds is a long drag in two feet of snow with a frozen river in between!!! There is a lot of ground in 150yds if the conditions are not right. Or plodd is coming up the road behind you.

:lol: Jim

A pang of guilt Alan!

I think they were watching you and due to you not stalking in and being visible to them, that a conscience came over you.

You would have shot 1, perhaps all 3, but they are suffering with the inability to feed in our area, so you spared them.

What a nice man ;)

Folks
A question for you.Something to think about.
Yesterday due to the weather conditions we cancelled our shoot. I decided to go and fill all the feeders anyway. I took my rifle with me just in case the oportunity arrived for a shot in the shape of a fox or a Roe.
Driving across our shoot I spotted three roe about 150 yds away. Got out of the motor, set myself up on the bonnet pushed a round up the spout. Perfectly safe back drop. Three beasts (big doe and two very well grown kids, due to all the pheasant feed they have eaten). All standing side on for a perfect shot. Everything safe, easy shot.
So why didn't I take the shot?????
Best Regards
Alan

Alan you didn't give us the answer.

Sorry to drag up an old thread. It popped up on 'similar threads' at the bottom of the page and curiosity got the better of me.

Back