Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Atv,mule ?

Atv,mule ?

I am looking to buy a secondhand Mule, JCB or similar,I have a quad but now also need something a bit bigger ,I know my way around a Mule,but am looking for any advice as what to buy.Thanks guys.Wf1

I have a Kawasaki Mule 10 years old though. Not done much work and about to go onto ebay.

Can you buy the Argo ATV in the UK? It has been around a long time, a boat with six fat little tractor tires.

need it because you're getting bigger or you have more stuff to carry? If to carry stuff, you may get more out of a trailer for the quad.. OTH a cab would be kinda cozy on nasty days...

Quote Originally Posted by Southern View Post
    Can you buy the Argo ATV in the UK? It has been around a long time, a boat with six fat little tractor tires.
    Yes you can buy them here, have seen a 6 wheeler but the majority here are eight wheel, first one I had was fitted with Kohler engine , last one had a Kawasaki.

Quote Originally Posted by Southern View Post
    Yes I have an Argo 8 wheeler I keep in Scotland.Wf1

Probably better off with a grab lorry for the deer you shoot chap they're big munty's in the wood and I did notice a little paunch last time we were out !

If i'm honest not a big fan of the utv type vehicles full stop, are pretty heavy for there tyres so tend to track fields fairly quickly if ur travelling over the same field regularly, plus easy to overload and abuse which doesn't help the weight issue. Also bloody dear to buy and mantain
    Most of local farmers/keepers are on to polaris now in our area, but most of the different utv brands all have different specific niggles and problems and can be dear to fix and keep on road.
    Think the mules have a lot of harvey splicers? on the drive trains which can go if not regularly greased

Depends on ur situ and ur ground but probably better of with a off road quad trailer (or twin axles trailer if for heavy loads) which have the added benefit of not lifting stuff as high onto the load deck and if u get stuck u can usually get it out urself, generally a tractor job with a utv thingy

Quote Originally Posted by norma 308 View Post
    Probably better off with a grab lorry for the deer you shoot chap they're big munty's in the wood and I did notice a little paunch last time we were out !
    norma you are starting to sound like that German chap now.Wf1

I had a Kubota for years it was brilliant,tough reliable and well up to weight bearing.Also had a John Deer not so good.
    Tusker