Hi all, I read threads on here all the time and thought its about time I joined in if I may, let me tell you a bit about myself, I'm a self employed vermin controller/ deer stalker, and just recently started a bit of sporting agency, I work in the angus glens area near Kirriemuir , and I am a keen rifle shot , I shoot an accuracy international , chambered in 6.5x47 which does me for everything , I have a real passion for deer and foxes , please feel free to ask anything , cheers.

Hi, welcome to the site.

I see you shoot a 6.5x47, im just having my Nesika re-barrelled in 6.5x47, do you use it on the larger deer, and how does it perform, what weight bullets do you use, i was thinking around 120 to 130 grain, mainly be used for roe.

Best Regards
Dean

Hi dean , thanks for the warm welcome , I use my 6.5x47 for everything , from lamping foxes, to roe and red deer stalking , to shooting targets it's a very good all rounder, red deer stalking in particular takes up a large proportion of my work and it lives up to the job in my opinion , better than my .308, I shoot 120 grain noslers through mine , I hope this info is of some use

regards
Brian

Back