Thread: Trail camera advice

Trail camera advice

I had a Little Acorn 5210 which was nicked so I need another one.
    Not sure whether to go for one with the MMS feature, to send the pics to your phone or email, and not sure how they send it to your email if you don't have a smart phone, which I don't.
    Is it a pain to have images emailed to your phone or inbox so frequently or a benefit?
    If the previous one had MMS then I would probably have a pic of the thief.

There are Little Acorns on e*** from Chinese resellers but I don't know if you are liable for any customs charges?

Also the one I had developed condesation on the TFT viewing screen, I partially broke the clip that holds the camera to the back box and one of the contacts on the back box for the extra batteries fell out.
    So it was not that robust. It was genuine, as there are some fakes kicking around.

There were some on sale in Lidl and Aldi in May last year but not recently.

Any advice welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by jack View Post
    I had a Little Acorn 5210 which was nicked so I need another one.
    Not sure whether to go for one with the MMS feature, to send the pics to your phone or email, and not sure how they send it to your email if you don't have a smart phone, which I don't.
    Is it a pain to have images emailed to your phone or inbox so frequently or a benefit?
    If the previous one had MMS then I would probably have a pic of the thief.

There are Little Acorns on e*** from Chinese resellers but I don't know if you are liable for any customs charges?

Also the one I had developed condesation on the TFT viewing screen, I partially broke the clip that holds the camera to the back box and one of the contacts on the back box for the extra batteries fell out.
    So it was not that robust. It was genuine, as there are some fakes kicking around.

There were some on sale in Lidl and Aldi in May last year but not recently.

Any advice welcome.

Most trail cams can be spotted with night vision so be carefull where you put them.

Certainly consider the Spypoint 3G Live trial camera. Spypoint's reliability is second to none and the software inside them is very good also. With My Spypoint the website where you can log in to view any images etc, you can set the frequency at which you are notified of camera triggers and when syncing occurs. There is more info on the 3G Live on this website: http://www.trailcameras.co.uk/products-Spypoint-Live-3G-Cellular-Wildlife-Camera-5049.htm

Quote Originally Posted by TheNVShow View Post
    Certainly consider the Spypoint 3G Live trial camera. Spypoint's reliability is second to none and the software inside them is very good also. With My Spypoint the website where you can log in to view any images etc, you can set the frequency at which you are notified of camera triggers and when syncing occurs. There is more info on the 3G Live on this website: http://www.trailcameras.co.uk/products-Spypoint-Live-3G-Cellular-Wildlife-Camera-5049.htm
    Do you have any commercial connection with Scott country ?

Quote Originally Posted by Johno100 View Post
    Do you have any commercial connection with Scott country ?

Quote Originally Posted by Hunting Solutions View Post
    A fair question I thought ?

I had thought about an MMS camera however in all but the most exceptional circumstances don't see that it offers any advantages as most of us can't get to our camera location in a matter of seconds so knowing that something is there, while interesting, is of no practical benefit.

If you want info about the deer moving on your ground then I'd say that buying 2 less expensive cameras that just record to a flash card will provide more information over time on deer movement and habits than one MMS camera which will give you instant updates, about which the vast majority of people can do nothing in any realistic time period. So unless money is no object and you can have as many cameras as you want then I'd suggest 2 cheaper cameras will give you twice the USEFUL information on your deer than a single, more expensive MMS camera.
    For self catering accommodation on the Isle of Lewis please visit:
    http://www.7south.co.uk/

Quote Originally Posted by Hunting Solutions View Post
    I just looked up the whois for trailcameras.co.uk , Trail Cameras belongs to scott country , I guess they dont want nature watchers seeing them selling hunting kit

http://www.networksolutions.com/whoi...lcameras.co.uk

Little acorns are OK but not very robust I dropped one of mine and several plasticy things broke
    now taped with insulating tape.... but they do give good results.

If you are getting cameras stolen they are in too obvious a place. you need to put them where no human ever treads.
    High spec mms cameras...... too expensive to get stolen
    they have there uses but
    dont want a text everytime a mouse come out its hole
    could not work out what was triggering camera
    till i saw the tiny little mice eyes.
    agree two cheaper cameras more appropriate