Thread: Firsts for the year..

Firsts for the year..

First tick on the mutts and the first bumble bee to make it's way into the house, I suppose Spring is here.

Seen a bloody butterfly last week.... and snow this morning!!!!

we had a sleepy humble bee in the house on the weekend. It must have sprung!

First time this year up at 5am on Sunday to get into the seat before sun up!
    Follow my stalking journey & SD sponsored DSC1 progress blog here

DSC1 forum sponsorship - Blogs - The Stalking Directory

Quote Originally Posted by Malxwal View Post
    First tick on the mutts and the first bumble bee to make it's way into the house, I suppose Spring is here.
    I saw a few butterflies over 10 days ago. A bumble bee was trying their best to get into my office window only yesterday, despite it being closed!!

It is strange to think that this time last year we had a good few inches of snow round my way!!!

My garden was alive with butterflies last sat and sunday, saw several queen wasps in flight and lots of bees etc on my plum which is about finished flowering and well in leaf. My peach tree is starting to blossom so rabbit scutt will be out to hand pollinate.

D

sorry to hear about the bees on your plum, hope they didnt sting you,
    DONT START

Quote Originally Posted by Cyres View Post
    My garden was alive with butterflies last sat and sunday, saw several queen wasps in flight and lots of bees etc on my plum which is about finished flowering and well in leaf. My peach tree is starting to blossom so rabbit scutt will be out to hand pollinate.

D
    Just shows what difference a few miles make, my plum tree is just starting to bud as is the cherry & apple. Seen a few bees & butterflies then had to scrape frost off the car this morning
    Wired weather or what?

Aaaand, the first gormless yearling outcast roe causing me to test the brakes on the new motor....

The hour I spent trying to get the small mower to start and the first buds on the tress plus a fallow doe head butting last years kid when it tried to have a sup!