Which moderator to go for

shendy

Im looking at moderators to go on my .243 when I get it. Im looking for something slim line but over the barrel.
What options are out there?

I Would try the search facility, this one has been covered on so many occasions, and ultimately everyone out there will hive you a different opinion, your best option is to try and see, handle and if possible hear as many as possible and make up your own mind, if you listen to everyone on here you will find we all have the best moderator.......honest!

Wise words from deerstalker, I've just put a Wildcat Evolution on mine, fits what you're looking for, worth a look, the problem with moderators is trying them out so I'm afraid you have to rely on other peoples opinions, all the best with your quest!!!

I bought a wildcat rifles new evolution mod for my .270 today. Around 200 grams lighter , slimmer and exellent at sound reduction and taming the muzzle flip. Cost me £199.00 its great going to change the p8 over on the .243 aswell. Thats my view anyway and ive been through a fair few mods

Ive got a wildcat p8 superbly made and could last a lifetime a touch heavier than some but very well made
no experience of the evo other than handled it it is lighter and it has 10 baffles as opposed to 8 on the p8
both are between 200-220 ish

Have Wildcat P8's and they have been spot on. Bit bigger and slightly heavier than a DM80, but my pal and I have tried them back to back and the P8 is a much quieter unit.

Thanks for your help. I will have a look at a few, I have seen some that go over the full length of the barrel are they any good?

I've got a virtually new ASE Northstar for sale over on PW (it's on ticket), I have to swap it as with my NV IR I get too much reflected IR back into the scope (it's stainless you see). They're sort of half over barrel, half over the front.

Last edited:
Back