Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Best Dovetail setup ? or best mounting system for CZ rifles

Best Dovetail setup ? or best mounting system for CZ rifles

Hello people,

Im just looking for a bit of advice. I have a CZ 17.hmr rifle which has a dovetail mounting rail on it. I used to use standard dovetail scope rings but had a lot of problems with them coming lose and the scope losing zero which was turning into a massive ball ache.

So i tried to fit a dovetail to Picatinny rail conversion and bought some nice Leupold quick release Weaver mounts which fitted really steady. However now i have the massive issue that the scope is just way too high and i cannot get a good objective image without having my cheek 1" of the cheek piece which is going to be a nightmare for shooting accurately.

Im now thinking that the whole Dovetail to picatinny thing was a bad idea, so can anyone recommend the best dovetail rings out there ? or alternatively have any of you with a CZ rifle found a better way to get these things done...

i never normally have any scope mounting issues so why this has turned into such a massive issue for me i dont know,

Same here regarding the dovetail to weaver adapter, tried it and after the first 5 shots took it off. I popped into my local gun shop on the way home and all he had on the shelf to fit my scope and the rifle were a set of Bisley mounts so I had them with a view to upgrading later if necessary but so far it hasn't and they have been rock solid
    Last edited by old_n07; 22-03-2014 at 20:52.

cz rings bkl deben no T048 i wrote this down yonks ago i dont know if its any help i will be having same prob shortly as i need a scope for my 17, sportsmatch TO48 for cz/tikka i think 15mm dovetail ebay english supplier a1tackle shop,
    Last edited by AN DU RU FOX; 22-03-2014 at 20:57.
    DONT START

Have sportsmatch mounts on mine have never moved or had any problems with them

Quote Originally Posted by Addie85 View Post
    Have sportsmatch mounts on mine have never moved or had any problems with them
    Yep. Sportsmatch mounts, correctly torqued, dovetail degreased before fitting.

Pete
    Sako TRG-42 folder .338LM🔫 Sako TRG-22 .308/.260🔫 Tikka 595 .222(NV'd up) 🔫 AR15 .223/300BLK 🔫Franchi 12g 520 9shot🔫Baikal .410 stealth🔫Ruger #1.243

Home | Varminting UK

Looking at the Sportsmatch rings they are the same as the Bisley ones, are the Bisley rings Sportsmatch ones packaged for Bisley?

Warne make rings for the CZ 527, 550, etc in several heights, fixed and QD.

Warne Riflescope Rings for CZ 527 16mm, Quick Detach, Dovetail Medium, Gloss Finish, 30mm 15B1LG

Quote Originally Posted by Evillemon View Post
    Hello people,

Im just looking for a bit of advice. I have a CZ 17.hmr rifle which has a dovetail mounting rail on it. I used to use standard dovetail scope rings but had a lot of problems with them coming lose and the scope losing zero which was turning into a massive ball ache.

So i tried to fit a dovetail to Picatinny rail conversion and bought some nice Leupold quick release Weaver mounts which fitted really steady. However now i have the massive issue that the scope is just way too high and i cannot get a good objective image without having my cheek 1" of the cheek piece which is going to be a nightmare for shooting accurately.

Im now thinking that the whole Dovetail to picatinny thing was a bad idea, so can anyone recommend the best dovetail rings out there ? or alternatively have any of you with a CZ rifle found a better way to get these things done...

i never normally have any scope mounting issues so why this has turned into such a massive issue for me i dont know,
    Hi
    Are your Leupold QRW mounts Low Medium or High
    Geordie

I used these on mine: https://www.jnpgunsprings.com/produc...roducts_id=247
    Together with Burris Signature Zee rings, i have tried 3 different mounting systems and this is by far the most satisfactory.

Ian.