Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 243 or 6br

243 or 6br

hi guys just wondering what to do have got custom 243 but might have the chance to get a 6br do i get rid of 243 and get the br or keep the 243 and get the br aswell .looking for info and comments on what you think.

Blog Entries
    View my Gallery (39)View my Gallery (39)
    Quote Originally Posted by buckeroo View Post
    hi guys just wondering what to do have got custom 243 but might have the chance to get a 6br do i get rid of 243 and get the br or keep the 243 and get the br aswell .looking for info and comments on what you think.
    well.

I have had yada yada in the past, both 243 and 6mmbr at the same time.

i sold a lot of gear to pay the bills when i was laid off and medically unfit to get back to work, so it took its toll. now i have got back on my feet a tad and have just got a 6mmbr (a cracker at that) and this has to do 2 things for me,

i have the 20 tac for foxing and vermin etc,

but i love shooting/plinking long range, so i went for the br so that if and when i get fully back into stalking i have the rifle to do both the longer range work and stalking, but if i ever had the money again i would fill my other slots back up.

to include.(when i have the money to do so and my bills get paid without selling all my gear to do so)

in this order and as i have the slots free and ready to fill

17hmr/mod/scope
    22lr/scope/mod
    243/scope/mod

so if you have the chance to have them both, i would do it all over again.

best of luck to you, if you have both and love just the one, then you could sell the other, or leave it there for a rainy day.

regards to you

bob.
    WARNING: LUPUS IS A KILLER, lets support them in the need to find out what it is, what causes it and how do we defeat it. Donating to LUPUS UK | LUPUS UK

Living with Lupus - YouTube

+ 1 on bobs 22/17/223 in my case and then hmmm ?doug,
    DONT START

You really need to state what your intended use is.

What spec is your current .243 amd what spec is the 6mmbr on the table?

I own both, always the best option if you can...
    "If you can't see it, you can't shoot it"

243 is as follows shilen varmint barrel ,mcmillan a5 stock,blue printed remmy action,jewel trigger set 12oz and nightforce nf .and is shooting factory sako 90gr into thumb nail at 200yds.thinking of 243 for foxes and long range vermin. as for br have got a tikka 595 in 308 walnut stock thinking of getting it re-barreled in br and use for all my stalking as as it was a present from my dad so dont want to get rid of .also got 222 with night vision and 22mag for small stuff.

Although i wouldnt wish to stand in front of one im under the impression that 243win or 6mm are used by men who have to sit down to urinate , just what ive been told !!!
    Last edited by 243 fallow; 23-03-2014 at 18:18. Reason: spelling

The 6mmBR barely and sometimes does not at all make the minimum muzzle energy requirement for UK deer, use your 243 for stalking and build a 6mmBR for fox and long range vermin

Ian.

Quote Originally Posted by Whitebeard View Post
    The 6mmBR barely and sometimes does not at all make the minimum muzzle energy requirement for UK deer, use your 243 for stalking and build a 6mmBR for fox and long range vermin

Ian.
    I have never had any problems with my BR's making 1700 ft/lb, the BR is only a tad behind the 243 in muzzle energies but FAR more accurate.

i say that i fancied a 6br but when i got ticket back from police all they put on was a 6mm so dont know what to get was thinking 6x47 or 6ppc .thats why i am asking because thought some guys on here would be able to narrow my choice with there experience of these calibres.

Hi Buckaroo, send me a pm if you would like to try out a custom 6mmbr to help with your decision. I find mine a joy to shoot, and is very frugal to reload.
    There are so many 6mm options to go for depending on your chosen use (foxing and roe or wanting to include red), and how much reloading you enjoy doing.

Best regards, DMD