Thread: BASC Annual Auction

BASC Annual Auction

Just been flicking through the BASC Annual Auction lots on their website and, I don't know if it's just me but it seems pretty poor compared to past years.

Also, very interestingly I can't find a single offer of game shooting or deerstalking from any of the home counties.

Could it be that us southerners (unlike you generous northerners) are just too tight to offer anything or do you think there is a more sinister reason?

Anyway, for anyone who cares to look, here is the link:

The BASC Annual Auction
    Historic Guns & Militaria - based in South Bedfordshire - Historic Guns Militaria

Quote Originally Posted by Webley Boy View Post
    Just been flicking through the BASC Annual Auction lots on their website and, I don't know if it's just me but it seems pretty poor compared to past years.

Also, very interestingly I can't find a single offer of game shooting or deerstalking from any of the home counties.

Could it be that us southerners (unlike you generous northerners) are just too tight to offer anything or do you think there is a more sinister reason?

Anyway, for anyone who cares to look, here is the link:

The BASC Annual Auction
    nowt wrong with us northerners a swift kick up the a***e woudnt fix,
    DONT START

Quote Originally Posted by AN DU RU FOX View Post
    nowt wrong with us northerners a swift kick up the a***e woudnt fix,
    Anduru you complain about Daven and you post ?
    Humans are pre wired with fight or flight response
    Great Grandad fought, Grandad fought.
    For the sake of my Grandchild I wish for Less Flight responses entering Europe

Oxfordshire, Wiltshire, Berkshire....and Sutherland
    View my Gallery (19)View my Gallery (19)
    Quote Originally Posted by Webley Boy View Post

Although not strictly Home Counties, I think you'll find various "Southerners" have donated lots.

There is stalking and game shooting on offer from Hampshire, Wiltshire, Northamptonshire, the Midlands, Devon, Dorset, Somerset, etc. There is also wildfowling from Essex, Kent and Hampshire on offer.

Part of the problem, I'd suggest, is that it seems like every organisation is running auctions these days. I wonder how long before auction fatigue sets in.

willie_gunn
    O wad some Power the giftie gie us to see oursels as ithers see us!

A few interesting lots but several have been bid over their guides (Guide 175 Bid 300 ) with 37 days left !