Thread: Reloading courses

Reloading courses

Can anyone recommend anyone offering reloading courses??

i have been collecting all the gear for reloading for a while, and have just about used all my factory ammo, so think its time to get started.

bit unsure where to start, and want to make sure I get it right, so wondering if there are any courses available in the newcastle area, or indeed anyone who would be willing to show me the ropes???

Cheers

stu

Of course, by 'all the gear' you also mean a reloading manual??~Muir

Yep, got one of those too!

Quote Originally Posted by stuey View Post
    Yep, got one of those too!
    Then you have what you need. Follow the book to a T and you will be set.~Muir

Don't forget looking here http://www.thestalkingdirectory.co.u...o-Loaded-Round and you tube, the ones from the likes of RCBS, Midway and Lee and not some drunken buffoon of which there are many. Oh and I nearly forgot Spud productions a site member who also isn't shy of the camera and produces some good helpful videos.

What ever you do remember the KISS principle and keep it simple, it's hardly rocket science.
    Last edited by 8x57; 24-03-2014 at 07:40.
    It's the calibre of the shooter that counts not the calibre of the rifle.

Have you not got any pals that reload and could show you the ropes?

Al

Hi Stuey

If you're anywhere near Durham I'd be happy to give whatever help I can. I currently reload .308, .300 aac, .223, .44mag and 12g slug and have been reloading for almost 40 years!.
    There's room for all Gods creatures ........... right next to the mash and gravy

Take Phaedra up on his kind offer if you can. I've shown a few guys the basics over the years and generally found that it's just the initial nervousness that daunts people. Once they have reloaded a few rounds for themselves and realised how simple it is and that as long as they follow a good reloading manual nothing will go wrong they are well away.
    It's the calibre of the shooter that counts not the calibre of the rifle.

Quote Originally Posted by 8x57 View Post
    Take Phaedra up on his kind offer if you can. I've shown a few guys the basics over the years and generally found that it's just the initial nervousness that daunts people. Once they have reloaded a few rounds for themselves and realised how simple it is and that as long as they follow a good reloading manual nothing will go wrong they are well away.
    Spot on 8x57, that is a great offer from Phaedra, I totally agree I have shown the basics to one or two, and I find also as soon as they have loaded their first few rounds they are away.