Thread: Which trigger?

Which trigger?

Guys, Which trigger should I go for, has anyone tried the rifle basix? I've had a Timney before and liked it, but what do you think the Rifle Basix are like at the side of them? It will be going on my Howa .308.

I've a Rifle Basix fitted to my CZ 550 American in .243, its transformed the rifle totally.

I've got a riflebasix on my Howa 25.06. Once again, it transformed the rifle! It came from South Yorksire shooting supplies and cost about 104 if I remember correctly. It is set at 2.5lbs in the factory and can be adjusted but I found it to be perfect as it was. Money very well spent!. Also it takes just one screw to fit it, and it goes straight on. I believe some of the Timneys need some modifying to fit them? Jewell might be better but it would be like putting racing alloys on a wheelbarrow!!

Monkey, why do you describe your Howa as a wheelbarrow?

Thanks lads, yes MS the timney does need a 30 second alteration but it's nothing, does your safety still have the three stages with the Rifle Basix?

I have a Rifle Basix trigger on my .308 and it's 'ok', but nowhere near as good as a Jewell or Timney, which I have on others. I have heard that quality can be variable.

Quote Originally Posted by Danger Mouse
    Thanks lads, yes MS the timney does need a 30 second alteration but it's nothing, does your safety still have the three stages with the Rifle Basix?
    No, the original Howa had 3 stages, but the Riflebasix has only 2. I don't really see the need for 3 personally?
    'On' or 'Off' is good enough for me !