An American in London

Hello all:

I've been reading this forum for the past year and appreciate the good information/discussions.

My wife and I relocated to London last year for work purposes. It's been a nice change but a step backwards from a hunting perspective. At home I had easy access to hunting grounds so would get out at least once a week from September through January. I'm finding that to be an impossibility living in London.

On the upside, I did find a great stalking outfit in Scotland. Last year I made two trips up north and took several nice roe and red deer. Really enjoyed the Scottish countryside and learned a lot about stalking during those hunts. Heading back up in May for another few days to start the roe buck season.

I'd really like to find access to stalk roe in Kent, Sussex or Essex this coming summer; any help would be greatly appreciated! I'm also a keen upland and waterfowl hunter so brought my Drahthaar to London. He hasn't had much work so we're happy to help at shoots or in the marsh.

Also, I regularly hunt Montana, Pennsylvania, Michigan, Minnesota and New Jersey in the US. Happy to help with any questions if you're considering a trip there.

Welcome, send sikamalc a pm, he has some lovely ground about 45 minutes from you in West Sussex (just south of gatwick). I've stalked there a few times and can vouch for the ground. I think he may still have availabili for this summer.

It would be good to hear some tales of your hunting from over the pond!

regards

jim

Thank you both for the welcome

Daft Dog - I'll be sure to send sikamalc a note. I saw he posted that offer on the forum. Very interested.

I'd post up a few photos from the last couple seasons but my post count is too low...

A few years ago I bought a Drahthaar pup. Totally changed my hunting habits. We've made several multi-week trips to Montana to hunt pheasants, sharptail grouse, huns and ducks. Last year I drew a deer tag and took a nice mule deer on opening day.

Minnesota is great for ruffed grouse and woodcock. Beautiful North Woods in October.

Otherwise I've chased after whitetails, ducks, pheasant and rabbits in the other states. Lots of good times.

Hello and welcome from another Londoner!

I can also recommend Sikamalc, in fact, I'm heading down to his patch near Gatwick in July to try for my first roebuck. Also, if you're interested in wildfowling, you could do much worse than to join the Kent Wildfowling and Conservation Association who have huge amounts of land (well, mud really) in North Kent, South Essex, and dotted around Cambridgeshire and Sussex. I'm happy to give you more details if you're interested. Here's the website:

http://www.kentwildfowlers.co.uk/homeframeintro.html

Back