Thread: Laser aiming devices

Question Laser aiming devices

After some advice and suggestions please.

Through a number of avenues I offer and run taster sessions and basic instruction in archery and air rifle target shooting, mainly for youngsters but also adults. I have just been put in touch with a charity supporting people recovering from, or learning to live with, brain damage. They are exploring new activities they can add to their provision, including archery and target shooting.

I hope to be meeting relevant people there to discuss specific needs and abilities and look at how best to tailor a session for the clients to get the most out of a session. I also have a number of potential contacts for both sports who have had experience in similar areas. I'm just starting to look into some ideas myself.

One of these is laser aiming aids. I have never used them myself so no idea what might fit the need.

So .... does anyone here have any experience of them or able to answer a few questions ?

Lowest price bracket that will work ? Are they effective in normal indoor / outdoor light ? Range will be 10m max. Any recommendations of make or supplier ?

Any help or suggestions appreciated.

Duncan

Quote Originally Posted by RDG View Post
    After some advice and suggestions please.

Through a number of avenues I offer and run taster sessions and basic instruction in archery and air rifle target shooting, mainly for youngsters but also adults. I have just been put in touch with a charity supporting people recovering from, or learning to live with, brain damage. They are exploring new activities they can add to their provision, including archery and target shooting.

I hope to be meeting relevant people there to discuss specific needs and abilities and look at how best to tailor a session for the clients to get the most out of a session. I also have a number of potential contacts for both sports who have had experience in similar areas. I'm just starting to look into some ideas myself.

One of these is laser aiming aids. I have never used them myself so no idea what might fit the need.

So .... does anyone here have any experience of them or able to answer a few questions ?

Lowest price bracket that will work ? Are they effective in normal indoor / outdoor light ? Range will be 10m max. Any recommendations of make or supplier ?

Any help or suggestions appreciated.

Duncan
    If using on a pcp air rifle, then even a cheap one will be ok, green shows up far better than red in daylight.

Pete
    Sako TRG-42 folder .338LM🔫 Sako TRG-22 .308/.260🔫 Tikka 595 .222(NV'd up) 🔫 AR15 .223/300BLK 🔫Franchi 12g 520 9shot🔫Baikal .410 stealth🔫Ruger #1.243

Home | Varminting UK

Thanks Pete. Never even thought about a green one !