Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: "calling in for night shooting"

"calling in for night shooting"

I know it is customary and I also thought legally you had to call in to the police when you are planning to shoot at night but I was told you the other day from a stalker that you didn't have to and that it was not a legal requirement, is this true?

I know police Scotland have changed their logging system and for the first time I was asked on Friday night to also "call in" when I was finished, but what was weird is that the increased number of questions they asked on Friday was very unusual.

Tulloch

I have never called in when out shooting at night.

Absolutely not!!! the more people call in when they intend to go shooting the more the police will take it for granted to a point where it becomes a requirement.
    As i always say when this issue is raised, do you inform the police when you go for your newspaper in the morning?

Ian.

Blog Entries
    View my Gallery (39)View my Gallery (39)
    name
    address
    DOB:
    contact number
    white british, etc
    veh reg make colour
    where you are
    from what time
    until what time
    what are you shooting
    what rifle are you using
    how many are there or are you a lone shooter

inside leg
    neck size
    name of your dog

have you got your certificate/permission with you..................sorry.

been like this down here for years..............sadly.

bob.
    WARNING: LUPUS IS A KILLER, lets support them in the need to find out what it is, what causes it and how do we defeat it. Donating to LUPUS UK | LUPUS UK

Living with Lupus - YouTube

Quote Originally Posted by bobjs View Post
    name
    address
    DOB:
    contact number
    white british, etc
    veh reg make colour
    where you are
    from what time
    until what time
    what are you shooting
    what rifle are you using
    how many are there or are you a lone shooter

inside leg
    neck size
    name of your dog

have you got your certificate/permission with you..................sorry.

been like this down here for years..............sadly.

bob.
    i got put through to Glasgow , it was the first time that has ever happened I usually get put through to Inverness and all they ever ask is

Where ?
    When?
    When til?
    is it a rifle ?
    Vehicle and reg?
    mobile ?

But Friday I got through to Glasgow.

Name ?
    Address?
    telephone home and mobile?
    Vehicle and reg?
    Certificate number?
    Calibre and make of rifle?
    Where also neighbouring estates?
    when and when til?
    and remember to call us to tell us when you are left your site.
    then when I got into signal I got a call back to confirm I gave them the right mobile number and apparently they phoned my wife to confirm my house number.

Never called in when going lamping and like Whitebeard has said,the more that do the closer it will come to being a requirement

Blog Entries
    View my Gallery (39)View my Gallery (39)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tulloch View Post
    i got put through to Glasgow , it was the first time that has ever happened I usually get put through to Inverness and all they ever ask is

Where ?
    When?
    When til?
    is it a rifle ?
    Vehicle and reg?
    mobile ?

But Friday I got through to Glasgow.

Name ?
    Address?
    telephone home and mobile?
    Vehicle and reg?
    Certificate number?
    Calibre and make of rifle?
    Where also neighbouring estates?
    when and when til?
    and remember to call us to tell us when you are left your site.
    then when I got into signal I got a call back to confirm I gave them the right mobile number and apparently they phoned my wife to confirm my house number.
    that seems a bit ott even for scotland, was it pit street then ?

anyway, if you call in as much as i used to you get to know whos on the other end of the line, but whats a bit of a pain is, why can't they in this day and age of techno know how be able to pull your details up on screen cut and paste it into the log job done barring the location/time etc etc.

beats me hands down.

bob.
    WARNING: LUPUS IS A KILLER, lets support them in the need to find out what it is, what causes it and how do we defeat it. Donating to LUPUS UK | LUPUS UK

Living with Lupus - YouTube

Quote Originally Posted by bobjs View Post
    that seems a bit ott even for scotland, was it pit street then ?

anyway, if you call in as much as i used to you get to know whos on the other end of the line, but whats a bit of a pain is, why can't they in this day and age of techno know how be able to pull your details up on screen cut and paste it into the log job done barring the location/time etc etc.

beats me hands down.

bob.
    Usually if I get Inverness they know me as I said this is the first time I got Glasgow and the weirs thing is I know I wouldnt get checked on the farm I shoot myself because the local coppers all know me in fact one of them stays in my village and was the one that done my shotgun and FAC stuff.

I actually asked the lassy over the phone would it be better if I called back after shift change as she really couldnt get to grips of the name of the location and asked me to spell it 4 times lol

depends on the person you get when you call. Northern has a lot of newer folk in the control that ask everything....... the older ones only ask : name - reg/vehicle type - rifle size - where you plan to go - rough time youll be out until and mob number. My mate got a call from them last time we were out as someone complained about people being in a field with a rifle. he confirmed it was us.....thus no prob.

if we hadnt called in we would have probably have had armed response pay us a visit.

Quote Originally Posted by bobby1234 View Post
    depends on the person you get when you call. Northern has a lot of newer folk in the control that ask everything....... the older ones only ask : name - reg/vehicle type - rifle size - where you plan to go - rough time youll be out until and mob number. My mate got a call from them last time we were out as someone complained about people being in a field with a rifle. he confirmed it was us.....thus no prob.

if we hadnt called in we would have probably have had armed response pay us a visit.
    I am a bit lucky as I am a doorman in the town so you get to know everyone including the desk team