Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Wear hearing protection

Wear hearing protection

I was at the hospital this morning for a hearing test. If i am not looking at you while you speak or theres back ground noise i struggle to hear you. Turns out ive hearing damage ( perforated right eardrum) , docs putting it down to using firearms for over 20 years without protection as my job doesnt involve any noise ,

so all you young whippersnappers who think it wont happen to them. Get some protection. ( guess what i will be buying at the fair ?? Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Scots_stalker View Post
    I was at the hospital this morning for a hearing test. If i am not looking at you while you speak or theres back ground noise i struggle to hear you. Turns out ive hearing damage ( perforated right eardrum) , docs putting it down to using firearms for over 20 years without protection as my job doesnt involve any noise ,

so all you young whippersnappers who think it wont happen to them. Get some protection. ( guess what i will be buying at the fair ?? Lol
    Nothing to do with you hammering gripper rod , more likely , or listening to the wife nag nag nag

Being deef does have its advantages i will admit lol

Got the same T shirt as you S_S, I now wear in ear protection and electronic muffs. It's uncomfy but I'd rather that than be totally deaf.

Al

Yep, I wear that same T shirt .... although caused by years of working in engineering without protection.

So if whatever your doing involves noise .... use protection. You cant your hearing back when its lost.

Same here, very bad in the left ear, with tinnitus as well. All the new / young people that I take out are strongly advised to wear hearing protection. It isn't consistent across the range of sound, I can still here a spoon on a plate or a pound coin hitting the floor.

Need to get some more T-shirts printed. I'm the same, caused by years of aircraft noise and shooting. I also have problems hearing speech when there's a lot of background and I have a hearing aid for the upper sound range.

So as above, get some hearing protection before the irrepairable damage begins.
    Tikka T3 .223, Browning A-Bolt .270

I am the same 40% down in left eardrum, get ear protection on,,,,

Whats that you say ???

Book me down for a large T shirt .....lost 60% & got tinnitus ,look after your hearing !!!!