Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: buying from Trade members

buying from Trade members

Question for the long standing membersif you buy something from a trade member and it turns out it will notdo the job what you expected. And you contact the trade member tosee about returning it and said member will not .
    Is there any recourse to sort this ordo you just have to suck it and see..and then make sure the next timeyou get it right. Buyer beware...

I see a lot of unabashed product pushing so I would hope there is a requirement for the tradesperson to make good.

SS

contact admin before you start a slanging match.

I'm sure it will depend on the bit of kit in question given the fit for purpose status of certain products will always be subjective given the variables associated with end users/operators.

Have a look at the distance selling regulations, which set out when mail/internet sellers must accept returns.

Never mind, beaten to it!
    Last edited by SimpleSimon; 25-03-2014 at 17:15.
    See my blog for - My kindly sponsored DSC1 course and chart my progress from deer virgin to stalking veteran
    AND my new puppy progress DIARY
    Blog

Personally I have never had an issue with any of the trade members on this site or for that matter any of the site members. Every one has been an honourable person and an absolute gent but that is only my personal experience.
    It's the calibre of the shooter that counts not the calibre of the rifle.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye 1 View Post
    Question for the long standing membersif you buy something from a trade member and it turns out it will notdo the job what you expected. And you contact the trade member tosee about returning it and said member will not .
    Is there any recourse to sort this ordo you just have to suck it and see..and then make sure the next timeyou get it right. Buyer beware...
    Have you bought something .has this happen to you or are you just looking into what could be done in this situation ???????
    DJC
    Keep on going to the end you never no what's round the corner

Yes this has happened to me,

bobt
    i do not intent this thread to be a slanging match thats the last thing i want, and i will not name names ...
    I just wanted some advise on what i can do the person does not intend to take the goods back and i am stuck with something that is not fit for purpose..

If they are a Trader the consumer laws apply. Even if they pretend not to be trading but you can prove they are.