Thread: No certificate

No certificate

Hi all having recently moved house whilst in the proses renewing my shot gun cert and applying for my fac the feo came to my new address and checked every thing was fine with my cabinet and guns he processed my application and I waited to see what the outcome would be. Anyway my tickets never arrived until my other half went to get mail from the old house and there they were. So I went out and got a savage .17 that day and sent my Certs back with the change of address form and the addition for my new rifle the question is am I legally ok to use the rifle as I have no cert to carry and the gun is not on the police system as belonging to me? cheers

Yes but why did you send your certificate away? You are only required to notify them of your change of address.
    It's the calibre of the shooter that counts not the calibre of the rifle.

Quote Originally Posted by Savage!!! View Post
    Hi all having recently moved house whilst in the proses renewing my shot gun cert and applying for my fac the feo came to my new address and checked every thing was fine with my cabinet and guns he processed my application and I waited to see what the outcome would be. Anyway my tickets never arrived until my other half went to get mail from the old house and there they were. So I went out and got a savage .17 that day and sent my Certs back with the change of address form and the addition for my new rifle the question is am I legally ok to use the rifle as I have no cert to carry and the gun is not on the police system as belonging to me? cheers
    Tuff one to answer try David from BASC
    Keep on going to the end you never no what's round the corner

If i was you i would be waiting a few days for the transaction to appear on the database before venturing out with your new purchase, however 8x57 is correct you are not obliged to send your FAC in if you have recently moved.
    Notification of change of permenant address is all that is required by law, had you kept your certificates you would have had proof of purchase of the Savage by the entry on your FAC.

Ian.

Ian.

And also no legal need to send back an old certificate either.
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

Thanks for you reply's I phoned the licensing department to tell them my cert's had the wrong address on them and they told me to post them and on receipt they would reissue my cert's with the correct address. Cheers

Regular Poster
    Blog Entries
    When I moved, I called them, they said email them details. About a month later FEO came round, checked my security in my new house and took my certs away, it then took another 6 weeks to get them back with a change of address!

Quote Originally Posted by joed View Post
    When I moved, I called them, they said email them details. About a month later FEO came round, checked my security in my new house and took my certs away, it then took another 6 weeks to get them back with a change of address!
    They have no right to do that during the life of the certificate!!

Ian.